Corrupt file - I have tried everything. Searched everywhere.

Zassimo

I’m pleading for help here. I have looked at every thread on the internet, done everything I possibly can and still I have a problem with this one track - it crashes in the middle whether it playing or bouncing.

Weirdly, in the past, once or twice it’s been able to bounce down. But I’ve tried about 30 times and it won’t do it. This is what I’ve tried:

Bounced offline

Bounced realtime

Taken off analyser on all the Fab Filter Pro Q plugins

Taken off all Sausage Fattener plugins

Updated all plugins to latest version

Tried importing all tracks onto a new project (it still crashes in that version)

Tried exporting each track as a separate audio file

Cleared memory

Got rid of unused tracks

Maxed buffer size

Added a bus split channel incase there was too much load on the master channel

Tried getting rid of main mixer window

Turned off wifi and everything else.

Tried bouncing down from the ‘auto save’ after the crash as well as my normal last saved version

Audio tail turned off

Cleared/purged the memory in Logic.

Restarted the computer and tried again.

Thing is, I’m not using any plugins that I haven’t used on any other track so I don’t know what’s causing it. It’s not even an intense track - CPU monitor not even half way. Nothing is abnormal. One day it just started crashing when I started work on it.

Have I got too many versions/alternatives?

Is this file genuinely corrupt?

This is a big shame as this is the official remix for a big artist which is going on their album and I just need for it to bounce down.

It crashed at bar 78

I can't show the report as there are too many characters so I have uploaded it as an attachment.

I've also attached photos of the project (bar is at where it crashes) and the mixer.

Thank you so much if someone can help. I'm potentially so gutted right now.

Crash report.pdf

Crash Report

2087138197_ScreenShot2014-04-03at17_43_10.thumb.png.63de3b5777635f0799b0918014975aec.png

1612231103_ScreenShot2014-04-03at17_43.10(2).thumb.png.87f9ae54ba3af4324e1b4f934a8fa42b.png

1819304297_ScreenShot2014-04-03at17_43.39(2).thumb.png.6e341af9e8aa273130f09c2f01f8e460.png

720197850_ScreenShot2014-04-03at17_43.46(2).thumb.png.462aacbba4fd2ebae55f11f143240092.png

472310210_ScreenShot2014-04-03at17_43.51(2).thumb.png.599e28b270336c839600bd57002b713e.png

The crashed thread (13) in the report seems to point at Flex Pitch as the culprit. Perhaps you should BIP your Flexed tracks so you can switch it off.

In the surrounding threads there's mention of Kontakt (and its' onboard convolution reverb?) and Arturia (Prophet V) stuff. Those are "secondary" suspects.

So bouncing down the flex pitch tracks didn't do it. Nor did the Analog Lab tracks (although it let me play past bar 78 which was progress).

I then BIP all the Kontakt tracks and I was able to offline bounce the track in full and then Logic crashed - so I was able to make a full bounce! Success!

Thank you all so much!

I don't think you can have drums and flute on the same instance of Kontakt.

But on your screen I saw two instances of Kontakt for a flute. No need for that. Same with Massive.

You also did multi-output versions of EXS24 and didn't use them as such. Stereo would have been enough.

Ah I see.

Thank you for highlighting this. I think when working fast I just copied the entire track rather than multi output so that I've got all the plugins there for the new track.

I also thought I was going to need multi output for ESX24 but then decided not to bother and edited each track's panning etc from ESX24

Ah I see.

Thank you for highlighting this. I think when working fast I just copied the entire track rather than multi output so that I've got all the plugins there for the new track.

I also thought I was going to need multi output for ESX24 but then decided not to bother and edited each track's panning etc from ESX24