Odd behavior (?) after Drummer Convert to MIDI [SOLVED]

skylark

I’m working on a MIDI drum performance that began as a Drummer track, so… After getting a nice Drummer track, I did Convert to MIDI Region to do some finer tweaking.

In the Piano Roll most of the hi-hat notes —which sound CLOSED— fall on A#2, typically used as the OPEN hi-hat location.

Here’s where I seem to be running into weirdness: If I play the A#2 on the piano keyboard to the left of of the editor window I get an OPEN hi-hat sound, but if I play any of the notes on the grid at the same A#2 position they all sound CLOSED (and nothing I do is achieving the OPEN hi-hat sound).

Messing with the note lengths and velocity values does nothing.

Any ideas about what might be happening?

EDIT: The second half of my drum track has not yet been converted (and is still a Drummer track). Might this have something to do with the unexpected behavior?

262091706_ScreenShot2014-04-08at3_42_29AM.png.22982a60bc4070af00a7bcd0b5a1e536.png

2105259163_ScreenShot2014-04-08at3_23_09AM.png.3b2a868d43adaa91e6dd8dad0ea674e5.png

Edited by skylark

"Timely" is right! Wow! And that's why I included a bit of the Event List, I thought there might be something I wasn't seeing (I just didn't know there was still more info I wasn't seeing).

Big big thanks, man, for coming through with that obscure solution!