Drummer original patches, 'Birch, Maple' etc?

mitkroy

Logic Pro's Drum Kit Designer originally had patches called 'Birch Kit' 'Classic Sixties Kit' 'Modern Maple Kit' etc.

I can't seem to find these anymore - now there are patches called 'Bluebird Kit' 'Brooklyn Kit' etc.

As a drummer, the original patches made much more sense to me..

Are they still available somewhere that I haven't seen?

• 1 month later...
Problem solved - I need to switch to Producer Kits to access those patches.

Can you tell me how you switched to producer mode please? I have same problem, although I managed to find them before.

I've written an entire drum track and then decided to fart around with different sounds. Now I can't find my beloved birch kit anymore!

Thanks

It's really odd actually - if you have a Drummer track, you can scroll down to:

>Legacy

>Logic

>Drums & Percussion

and you'll find some great drum sounds including some tasty acoustic studio kits. Try the same thing on a midi track (which I am using to edit my drum track) and you get something entirely different! Problem is, if you want to convert your midi track back into a drummer region all hell breaks loose and you loose all your hard editing work! What's going on here!?

Problem solved - I need to switch to Producer Kits to access those patches.

Can you tell me how you switched to producer mode please? I have same problem, although I managed to find them before.

I've written an entire drum track and then decided to fart around with different sounds. Now I can't find my beloved birch kit anymore!

Thanks

You just need to know HOW to navigate, from the Library/ Drum Kits/ Producer Kits.

When selected from the Library, only a bus channel strip is displayed, that represents the output of a multi output Drum Kit Designer instrument, with effects applied.

Engage the All button in the Mixer to reveal the Instrument and its outputs.

The Drum Kit Designer instrument level is where you select the different kits.

8)

Thanks for your response gdoubleyou. I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing though. Revealing the separate channel strips is easy enough. What I'm saying is that in the same way that you can change the drum kit in the stereo track, there was a way to select a more natural and un-produced set of kits i.e. Maple, Birch etc. Those have disappeared. Or rather, I can't remember how to access them.

Cheers

• 5 years later...

OK, so this discussion is six years old, so I may be talking into the air here.

But the way it seems to work on my system is like this: If I open the Drum Kit Designer instrument in stereo mode, I can only choose from these kits:

Blue Ridge Kit

Bluebird Kit

Brooklyn Kit

Detroit Garage Kit

East Bay Kit

Four on the Floor Kit

Heavy Kit

Liverpool Kit

Manchester Kit

Motown Revisited Kit

Neo Soul Kit

Portland Kit

Retro Rock Kit

Roots Kit

Scientific Method Kit

Slow Jam Kit

Smash Kit

SoCal Kit

Speakeasy Kit

Sunset Kit

If, however, I open the Drum Kit Designer in multi output mode, I can only choose between these kits:

Birch Kit

Classic Sixties Kit

Modern Maple Kit

Pawn Shop Kit

Seventies Plexi Kit

Stadium Kit

Studio Kit

Tight Maple Kit

Vintage Kit Brushes

Vintage Kit Rods

However, if I open Drum Kit Designer in one of these two modes and choose one of the available drum kits, then reopen Drum Kit Designer in the other mode (by changing the selected instrument in the track inspector), I seem to still have access to the drum kit that I selected while in the other mode and to change its individual kit parts.

In short, what's up with this?

• 1 year later...

I’m trying to figure this out too. I had a project with “modern maple kit” I had to delete a track and reload the plugin due to a glitch. But now can’t find “modern maple kit”.

Is there a good tutorial on this anywhere ?