Is it the case that L9 will not work on Mavericks?

I read in a thread on the Apple forum that someone upgraded to Mavericks and their Logic 9 did not work?

I am a mouseclick away from being literally forced to upgrade to Mavericks & and forced to spend £140.00 to upgrade to Logic X

Every 15' minutes or several times an hour, a notification appears on my right screen saying Restart to install new software ( or look at the App store for details) - visit to the app store reveals that Mavericks is already downloaded in the background onto my MBP and I just need to restart to install it.

It is absolutely amazing to me ( if it is indeed the case) that I could accidentally upgrade to Mavericks and therefore render my Logic 9 on my laptop inoperable..

Is this the case?

In the meantime I will continue to be massively carefully that I do not click on that Notification ( which will not go away despite me going into System Preferences and Switching absolutely EVERYTHING to do with notifications OFF)

and continue to use on Mountain Lion and L9 which have been stable and working perfectly for many months

Thanks Eric.. so am I being overly cautious about installing Mavericks on a 4 year old MBP?

BTW I tried to install L9 on a second new MBP with Mavericks already on.. spend several hours loading disks etc but then got the message ' you cannot install L9' on this ( i.e. Mavericks) operating system…

Hence my caution...

I'm looking to upgrade to Mavericks with 9.1.8 soon. I plan to do a clean install of Mavericks.

Can I just copy the Logic 9 folders over to Mavericks from my cloned system backup drive? I'd rather not install with the disks again, and have a heavily edited custom preferences file.

Will I encounter any problems? I'm a total noob when it comes to re-installing Logic.

edit: Will I have any authorisation problems?

I'd go for the complete reinstallation of Logic 9 rather than cloning it. That will save you a lot of future problems to solve.

Yes, it's time consuming, but everything will be installed properly. In fact I'd do a reinstall of all my software on a new computer.

I recently bought a new MacBook Pro and reinstalled everything, including Logic 9—it took a couple of weeks to finally install it all, but I've avoided a lot problems and nasty surprises, and everything works as it should.

I totally agree with reddog. Go for the clean install (exactly as you plan with the OS) then use your old preference file.

It is of course doable to move all Logic content (visible and hidden) to your new installation but you'll have to make sure that all your permissions are in place and that you don't forget any of the folders/files.

What I've found is that it is much more time effective to streamline the installation process instead. Just the planning on which folders to move and making sure that permissions and ACL are correct will cost me too much time.

It is also much easier to troubleshoot something if you know that you've done a clean install.

Installing from disk images will save you a huge amount of time. A complete Logic Pro 9 installation from my server through gigabit Ethernet takes about 20 minutes when the destination is an SSD. Using SSD to SSD via USB 3 will probably be much faster.

Installing from disk images will save you a huge amount of time. A complete Logic Pro 9 installation from my server through gigabit Ethernet takes about 20 minutes when the destination is an SSD. Using SSD to SSD via USB 3 will probably be much faster.

I have followed the subsequent discussion here with much interest. and find the above snippet fascinating thanks Eric - where would I find documentation with step by step procedure on how to do this?