Automation Bug

Ed Alton

When automating Mute on/off or plugin on/off or certain other plugin parameters. The actual action of automation happens almost 1 sec before the visual written action. If I program automation to mute a track at the downbeat of bar 5 and unmute at the downbeat of bar7, and the visual written automation reflects those actions, the ACTUAL mute action will happen almost 1 sec BEFORE the downbeat of bar 5 and the unmute action will happen 1 sec BEFORE the downbeat of bar7. So the actions are happening before the written visual automation. It doesn’t happen on all parameters, vol & pan automation seems to work.

Logic X 10.0.6

Mac OS 10.9.2

Anybody else experience this or have a solution? I did report it to Apple.

Yes, Preferences set for Sample Accurate Automation for all parameters. No plugins. Happens on some other plugin parameters too, like in the Tape Delay. Very weird. I never had any issues with Logic 7 which I just upgraded from. Automation in Logic 7 always dead on.

What's odd is that the action; mute on/off, plugin bypass on/off, is happening almost 1 sec BEFORE the written automation, not after. So it's premature automation as opposed to latency automation.