Wireless or Wired Keyboard

Hi. I need a keyboard as I'll be viewing logic on an external monitor.

Is it best to used the wired variety:

http://store.storeimages.cdn-apple.com/3899/as-images.apple.com/is/image/AppleInc/MB110LL?wid=400&hei=400&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.5,0.5,0,0&iccEmbed=0&layer=comp&.v=1379371664492

rather than the wireless?

http://ww.dealwinwin.com/wwwimages/product/I6/01/2013-07-17-01150327060.jpg

Seeing as there are more keys in the wired….

Thanks in advance….

If you don't need to move things around, I would suggest wired. Batteries can get expensive after a while.

Hi. I don't mind putting batteries in frequently. I have good rechargeable batteries!!! I'm just wondering am i losing out on key commands if i were to choose the smaller wireless computer.

not really a fan of wired anything, myself.

i like that the wireless uses bluetooth which helps keep another usb space free. also, the bluetooth aspect allows me to use the keyboard with my ipad. add to that the smaller footprint and the fact that it does very well with battery life, and i think it is a better choice

I would like to hear from the wireless folks. I used to be wireless but kept having the computer loose contact with the keyboard. I had to turn the keyboard on and off to reconnect. This sometimes worked, sometimes not very quickly. I finally got tired of this and bought a wired keyboard. Anyone else run into this?

I would like to hear from the wireless folks. I used to be wireless but kept having the computer loose contact with the keyboard. I had to turn the keyboard on and off to reconnect. This sometimes worked, sometimes not very quickly. I finally got tired of this and bought a wired keyboard. Anyone else run into this?

Hasn't happened to me once in the 14 months i have owned it. Were you having these issues with an official mac 'board ??

if i move to an iMac this spring, am getting this:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Bluetooth-Easy-Switch-Keyboard-iPhone/dp/B0099SMFP2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397611737&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+bluetooth+keyboard

backlit keys...nice! (would miss that coming from a macbook pro...)

While i would love a backlit external 'board, this seems too highly priced given it's apparent weak construction :?

if i move to an iMac this spring, am getting this:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Bluetooth-Easy-Switch-Keyboard-iPhone/dp/B0099SMFP2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397611737&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+bluetooth+keyboard

backlit keys...nice! (would miss that coming from a macbook pro...)

While i would love a backlit external 'board, this seems too highly priced given it's apparent weak construction :?

this one seems to be the best of what there is (in terms of mac-oriented, wireless, backlit keyboards). i promise NOT to toss mine around (or beat it senseless...).

iMac with a stock bluetooth keyboard here, never experienced a single connection issue.