Delay when pressing Solo or Mute?

Tarekith

Why is there such a long delay when you press the Solo or Mute buttons on a track? This isn't soundcard latency or anything, happens only when using these two functions in 7.2.3. Sometimes the delay is almost a measure long.

This normal in Logic?

Have you noticed it get slower depending on the size of song? And are you talking about the buttons on Tracks in the Arrange page or the buttons on the Channel Strip?

I'm just testing now with a single, simple midi drum loop & every method works instantly.

Now I'm testing a fairly full arrangement & a pair of grouped audio tracks mute quickly from the Channel Strip button but are slightly delayed when using the Track mute button, or highlighting the regions & using the M key.

Talking about the S and M buttons on each track in Arrange view, not the channel strips (those are immediate).

Pretty simple prroject in it's ealy stages, only about 6 audio tracks playing back. Not even getting a reading on my Audio0 meter the CPU draw is so low.

I also notice this when deleting a currently playing region, it continues to sound for a second or two after I delete it.

MBP c2d 2.16, 2Ghz.