LPX Crashes on opening certain project

Starwarsluvur

I realize there were other topics with similar issues, but I don't think my problem has anything to do with those considering I have tried all of the other solutions so I'll just make this new one I guess.

Logic Pro X crashes upon opening this file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/glykytx5bzp14s6/Actual+Final+2.zip

It is a project that I made at school, zipped up, and transferred onto the internet to open it back at home, but it won't work.

I've disabled the Core Audio Function as recently suggested, but it still crashes EVEN when importing the smallest, tiniest, solo track without any plugins on it.

I have saved the file several different times, and they all seem to fail on my computer (Macbook Pro Mid 2009 | 4GB 1333 DDR3 | 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | OS X 10.8.5 | Plenty of disc space) so I don't think the file is corrupted.

It only happens with this project alone. No MIDIs or anything plugged in. My next step would be to transfer it via flash drive (but again, I don't think it is the file transfer that's the problem) and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The file opens here too without issues. So your Macbook is the prime suspect.

The very first thing to try is to delete the Logic preferences. They are in the user library, which is hidden by default. To get there, in Finder alt-click the Go menu, choose Library. In the library, open the Preferences folder and remove com.apple.logic.pro.plist and its' lockfile. Make sure Logic isn't running when you do this.

A second thing to try (if the prefs trashing fails to do it) is to create a new Mac user account (with Admin privileges), login to it and start Logic from there.

10.0.1? That's worthy of deploying at least three of these guys: :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You should first of all update to the current 10.0.6 - all versions before 10.0.5 were still pretty buggy.

Yeah, sorry about that slight .plist misnomer, the one I mentioned is for Logic 9, the LP X one indeed has "10" in its' name - that is done on purpose, so LP 9 and LP X can be installed (and opened) simultaneously.