Is this an Editor Undo Glitch/Bug?

sculley

I double click in the Arrange window on the "Kick Drum" track to bring up the Editor window. Now I'm in the editor window using Flex Time. I make a mistake, hit undo (cmd-Z) and the Editor window switches to my "OH Hat" track. Often I still think I'm working on the Kick Drum track in the editor and start making changes until I realize what has happened. I can recreate this every single time. (My "OH Hat" track is the first track in my arrange window if that helps.) Is this a bug or some setting that I have wrong? Also, previously, I've had the same situation where I undo and the Editor window just goes blank and all of the waveforms and transient markers are gone. I have to quit and restart Logic to correct this.

I've answered my own question here. When I had the "OH Hat" Track selected in the Arrange window, but was working on the a region from the "Kick Drum" track in the Editor, it would revert to the "OH Hat" Track because it was the one selected in the Arrange window. Later, when I was working in the Editor, an Undo would revert the Editor to the 16" Tom track. That was when I noticed that the "16" Tom" Track was selected... and then it clicked for me. :idea: If I'm working in the Editor on a Region from Track X, then I have to have Track X selected in the Arrange window. If Track Y is selected in the Arrange window, but I'm working on a Region from Track X in the Editor, then an Undo reverts the Editor window to Track Y. Get it? Got it. Thanks for your help. You're Welcome. :wink: