Pitch bend bug?

kimloganw

Whenever I'm using the pitch bend on my midi controller the value does not go back to zero when i release it in Logic X. It usually stays on -2 or even more. So I always have to go in to the "pitch bend window" and correct it by hand. Does anybody know if this is a bug or if it's something that can be fixed? (My midi controller is working fine. This is not a problem in Logic 9 or any other software. Only Logic X).

Will attach a picture to clarify.

Thanks

1845793181_ScreenShot2014-04-23at13_39_22.thumb.png.a2ce810f4448cc4ace4c4921ad81643b.png

all the long gaps between bends should be on absolute zero

The problem is not just visual. It is out of tune. That's why I noticed it in the first place. Everything I recorded with the pitch bend always sounded out of tune. And then after I snapped it back to zero it was in tune again.

Just tested it here. It doesn't sound out of tune even if the lines look like this:

1687613869_ScreenShot2014-04-27at17_49_04.png.9efcd12b47f4b49151b3a48558d56eea.png

If you don't see these in your event list then the problem happens when recording the data:

1219112737_ScreenShot2014-04-27at17_54_55.thumb.png.e319f7db7ebc67442bdcfb7cb2c0aa5c.png

J.

...though the event list is the place to check and/or correct these issues... PB not hitting 0 is in my experience often a matter of re-calibrating the pitchbend wheel, in other words, it's the hardwares' "fault" in most cases.

I have MainStage, Pro Tools, Logic 9 and Logic X on my computer. This problem is just occurring in Logic X. And also, it sounds right when I play it. But then when I play it back and look at it, it's messed up. Driving me bananas.

Edited by kimloganw

Just make sure I was deleting the right file, we're talking about user/library/preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist right? Or is it another file?

Nope, that's the one. Are you 100% it's not the keyboard's pitch wheel?

Quit Logic and download the free MIDI Monitor: http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

See if it shows you the zeroes and post a screen shot

346095466_ScreenShot2014-04-27at18_39_48.png.8917f040d81720077ac3038c0cbc8d14.png

J.

Also, please add the required info to your signature:

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.5)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.1)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

J.

Just make sure I was deleting the right file, we're talking about user/library/preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist right? Or is it another file?

Nope, that's the one. Are you 100% it's not the keyboard's pitch wheel?

Quit Logic and download the free MIDI Monitor: http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

See if it shows you the zeroes and post a screen shot

J.

According to MidiMonitor my midi wheel is fine. It goes back to zero when I release it.

2087094799_ScreenShot2014-04-27at18_45_21.png.68ac29c506fc1d08ebf258dbe84cd977.png

No, restarting doesn't help either. I've had this problem ever since I started using Logic X (a couple of weeks ago) and this problem ONLY exists in Logic X and not in the other DAW or software on my computer. Will let you know if I ever find the solution to the problem.

Thanks a lot for all the help. Much, much appreciated.

Just connected my Moog Sub Phatty and used it as a midi controller and tried the bend wheel. It works. Logic X records it correctly.

So, somehow my Alesis Q49 and Logic X aren't friends. As I said before, my Alesis works perfect with Logic 9, Pro Tools and MainStage (just tried it again), but not with Logic X.

So, problem kind of solved, even though I still believe Apple needs to look at this issue, cause something isn't 100%.

Just connected my Moog Sub Phatty and used it as a midi controller and tried the bend wheel. It works. Logic X records it correctly.

So, somehow my Alesis Q49 and Logic X aren't friends. As I said before, my Alesis works perfect with Logic 9, Pro Tools and MainStage (just tried it again), but not with Logic X.

Very strange!..but thanks for the update.

J.