YAMAHA Audoigram 6 with Logic Pro X

Hi audio gurus!

I am completely new to the digital audio world, and I'm using a Yamaha Audiogram 6 connected to a late 2012 13" Macbook Pro Retina running Logic Pro X on Mavericks. I am connecting my phantom powered MXL V57M mic on channel 1, and an electric guitar on channel 2. My question is how do I make these two inputs into two separate channels inside Logic Pro X? So to further clarify, I do not wish to record a single channel (either mono or stereo) which is a mix of both the mic and guitar, I want to separate the channels and record them separately as two tracks. Do I have to somehow go from stereo and separate the sides, or is this possible another way? It seems kind of limited if I have 6 inputs on the Audiogram, and only one single output. Please keep in mind, I am an absolute beginner in this realm, so go gently :wink: I've spent a couple hours trolling the web for answers to this question and turned up nothing, so I'm now turning to you guys! I hope you'll be able to help. Thanks so much for your time and expertise.

Sincerely, Brian -

Hi,

I'm using a Yamaha Audiogram 6 connected to a late 2012 13" Macbook Pro Retina running Logic Pro X on Mavericks. I am connecting my phantom powered MXL V57M mic on channel 1, and an electric guitar on channel 2. My question is how do I make these two inputs into two separate channels inside Logic Pro X?

Create 2 mono audio tracks. Assign input 1 to one of them and input 2 to the other.

So to further clarify, I do not wish to record a single channel (either mono or stereo) which is a mix of both the mic and guitar, I want to separate the channels and record them separately as two tracks.

Normally, doing what I mentioned above is enough, but if for some reason the signals are not recorded separately, try setting the Mono/stereo switch on the audiogram to mono. Check the description of this switch in the Audiogram's manual.

J.

• 5 months later...

Hi this may sound ridiculous but I've been trying to solve this issue on and off for ages! Literally like years.

"try setting the Mono/stereo switch on the audiogram to mono." @ Jordi Torres

Now works! SOOO stoked! Oh and set the track to input 1 and 2.

Separate guitar and vocals yus!

Thanks so much!

Oh details if you want em MBP 2013 2.9 GHz 8GB ram Logic 9 OSX 10.9.4

I signed up just to say thanks! Made my day :D