Can't pan drum tracks with Ultrabeat Multi Output [SOLVED]

eburch314

I have my drums organized in Ultrabeat, set on the multi output function. I assigned them each to their own channel strip on my mixer using UB 17-22. Since I have assigned the drums to their own individual channel strips, panning is disabled in Ultrabeat. But when I go to adjust the panning on the actual channel strips my drums are assigned to, it does not seem to work. I can have the knobs entirely to the left or right, but the sound still remains in the center. Can anyone help me out?

I have my drums organized in Ultrabeat, set on the multi output function. I assigned them each to their own channel strip on my mixer using UB 17-22. Since I have assigned the drums to their own individual channel strips, panning is disabled in Ultrabeat. But when I go to adjust the panning on the actual channel strips my drums are assigned to, it does not seem to work. I can have the knobs entirely to the left or right, but the sound still remains in the center. Can anyone help me out?

First: when you pan anything (say an apple loop on an audio track) in Logic, can you hear the panning?

Second: take a screenshot of the Mixer with the panned channel strip AND the output channel strip, during playback so we can see the activity on the meters and attach it here.

Sorry for the delayed response. I am able to pan any audio or midi track. It is just the tracks that I have my drums in ultrabeat assigned to, that I am unable to pan. I have attached the screenshot. I have my hi hat track highlighted in the screenshot, and its output is bus 20 which is my master drum track, which is also visible in the picture.

1312812853_Screenshot2014-05-02at3_43_13PM.thumb.png.80bef6e9b37f2012bb5a5d614c9c128b.png

That worked perfectly thanks for the help. Also If you don't mind, I have one more question. I have a few midi tracks in the same project file that have automation lines drawn in, which are automating parameters in NI Massive. During playback, the automation gets messed up if I have another track highlighted. Also when I try to bounce these midi tracks to audio files, the automation also gets messed up. I tried recording the automation in real time onto another audio track, but it still doesn't sound right. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

That worked perfectly thanks for the help. Also If you don't mind, I have one more question.

I can safely say David would mind, the rule here on the forum is to have separate threads for separate questions. It's rule 4: rules.php

So copy your text that's behind the original of quoted sentence above, start a new topic and paste your question into it. In that new topic it might help some more if you could also explain in what way the automation is "messed up".