Setting up my Axiom 61 with Sculpture

layneburton

Hello, Forum. Does anybody know how to assign midi controller commands in Sculpture and all the other synths in Logic. I hate always using my mouse, and I cant find any info in the plug in reference. I like to be able to use my knobs and faders to contol actions like real outboard gear. THANKS.

best option i find is called automation quick access... try this:

open automation on your track (view > track automation)

from the automation pull down on the track, select the param you want to automate, say filter cut off.

go to Logic > Prefs > Automation

on the bottom of the window you should see the automation quick access area.

turn it "on" and then touch the knob on your midi controller you'd like to assign our filter cut off param.

once completed you can now move the knob and watch the filter cut off move in tandem with your new controller movement.

if you want to auto map all the param's to your controller, thats a little more tedious and usually requires compatible mapping to be set up via your controller, some controllers have a utility to automap.

Hello, Forum. Does anybody know how to assign midi controller commands in Sculpture and all the other synths in Logic. I hate always using my mouse, and I cant find any info in the plug in reference. I like to be able to use my knobs and faders to contol actions like real outboard gear. THANKS.

Move the knob or fader (of the synth/plug-in) you want to control. Go to Preferences > Control surfaces > 'learn assignment for...' and move the knob or fader on your controller. Then click on the 'Learn mode' key in the command window (Bottom left) when you are through. see page 668 in the Reference manual for more details.