Channel Strip settings - Nonsequential selection via midi?

cr8fish

I'd like to be able to assign different midi notes on a keyboard controller to select different channel strip settings. For example, pressing C1 on the midi controller would select the 1st channel strip setting. Pressing C#1 would select the 2nd channel strip setting. D1 to 3rd channel strip setting...And so on...

Is this possible? As of now, I can just assign midi notes to "Next channel strip setting" and "Previous channel strip setting." Unfortunately, stepping sequentially through my channel strip settings isn't practical. I need to be able to go directly to a specific setting.

Can this be done via meta events?

Any ideas are appreciated.

You can do it with channel strip performances and program changes. In the channel strip drop down menu, choose "Save as Performance". It will then ask for a program #. Send the program change that corresponds with the program # and it will recall that channel strip setting.

You can do it with channel strip performances and program changes. In the channel strip drop down menu, choose "Save as Performance". It will then ask for a program #. Send the program change that corresponds with the program # and it will recall that channel strip setting.

Works great, but how can you tell what plug-ins are in that setting?

I mean I can recall performance setting#1, but how do I know what it contains?

Is this a new feature? I'm using Logic Pro 7.1.1 and I don't see "save as performance" as an option in the CSS menu.

How many of these can you save? 127 total? 127*16 channels? Another number? Trying to decide if it is worth the crossgrade...

In my experience this new feature is quite problematic as it "kills" any conventional usage of program changes sent on channel 1. So it would be nice to have an option in the preferences to switch it on/off. At least the conflict should be mentioned somewhere in the manual.