Best midi keyboard at 600$ for logic pro X

Hi,

İ'm looking for a midi keyboard that includes , faders,knobs,pads,transport controls and also works with logic pro X ease.

My price range 600$ (maybe little more)

i have a Novation impulse 49 but, i couldnt figured out it. using last updates and every recoommended steps have done. But faders, transport controls and automap didnt work properly... But it works fine in Ableton... :(

So i wander about your midi keyboard experience with LOGIC PRO X.

Be brave to make some suggestions please :)

Yeah, I have a Novation ZeRO SL MkII (because my keyboard doesn't have any faders or wheels) and getting everything setup with Automap was a pain; finally got it to work though. Definitely understand the struggle

Since I also have a Novation Impulse that I use with Logic (after getting fed up with the M-Audio Axiom I used to have), the only recommendation I have for you is to possibly consider trying again with the Impulse, but this time without using the Automap software, which sounds like nothing but a headache from most of what I have heard. This of course requires that you manually map controllers you are trying to manipulate, but I personally don't find that to be any problem, and am able to use all of the controls on the Impulse in Logic Pro X, including the transport.

If, on the other hand, you do want something that takes care of configuration for you, then someone else will need to advise you. Best of luck!

This of course requires that you manually map controllers you are trying to manipulate, but I personally don't find that to be any problem, and am able to use all of the controls on the Impulse in Logic Pro X, including the transport.

mysticfm,

its really ok for me. But i really couldnt find how to map faders and transport controls. where should i do that mapping? from environment windowin logic, or from controller assignments ?

And what do you suggest for template mode in impulse; basic midi or general mixer or useful cc ???

This of course requires that you manually map controllers you are trying to manipulate, but I personally don't find that to be any problem, and am able to use all of the controls on the Impulse in Logic Pro X, including the transport.

mysticfm,

its really ok for me. But i really couldnt find how to map faders and transport controls. where should i do that mapping? from environment windowin logic, or from controller assignments ?

And what do you suggest for template mode in impulse; basic midi or general mixer or useful cc ???

I think I just started with the basic MIDI template, but I've been customizing it ever since, a little bit at a time. I've got the transport sending MMC commands, and the faders sending whatever CC values I wish and have assigned within various plugins. I've never done anything in the Environment window for this, and I don't think you will find it necessary to go in there either.

I should note that I don't try to use the Impulse's faders for mixer control, as I have an MCU Pro for that. Instead I use them for additional plugin parameter controls.

You also should certainly look into David's recommendations ... they could most likely take you into a usage scenario that could become far more advanced than what I've been doing. (In fact I should try following them myself.)

I recently picked up Nektar Panorama P4 and I've been very happy with it so far. The same basic model comes as a controller only or with 25, 49, or 61 keys. The P4 is the 49 key version and it comes with a color LCD display and the usual knobs, big faders (one is a 100mm motorized fader if you hook up a second USB cable to power it), and 12 pads. Nektar is now mapped to Logic Pro X and it gives you hassle-free access to plugins, using the knobs to tweak smart controls, select tracks in your project and much more. I used to have the Axiom Pro and I haven't looked back.

Thank you for all messages.

i have tried control assignments in logic but it didnt work. i will try smart controls...

Also nektar's are awesome but i living in Turkey/Istanbul. they have no distrubutor in here.

Maybe i should go for Axiom or akai MPK... But impulse is making me mad and bad :)

Thank you for all messages.

i have tried control assignments in logic but it didnt work. i will try smart controls...

Also nektar's are awesome but i living in Turkey/Istanbul. they have no distrubutor in here.

Maybe i should go for Axiom or akai MPK... But impulse is making me mad and bad :)

All I will say is if a Novation is making you mad, an Axiom will very likely make you murderously furious. :evil: