Loading Plugins

Phil.c

I have a compressor plugin compatable with my 10.4.6 OS, i've unzipped it and dragged the files to HD>LIBRARY>AUDIO>PLUGINS>COMPONENTS and also VST but when I try to access them on an Audio track Insert, they're not there. Can anyone please help?

(Logic Pro 7)

Phil

Which plugin is it? The .component should go in the above mentioned folder, the VST is immaterial, unless you use other programs that can use VST's.

Was Logic running when you dragged it in place? If so, you should restart Logic, it needs to scan and validate the plugin before it can access it, at least, I assume that that already was the fact in LP 7.

It could also be that it is either a stereo only or mono only insert, and that you looked on either a mono track (where stereo only plugins won't show) or a stereo track (where mono only plugins won't show).

Also, why not update to 10.4.11?

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't restart and I only looked in stereo insert, i'll check it out later.

As for upgrading, i'm a bit wary of that in case it's too high for other plugins etc already loaded?

Phil

You didn't restart? Well, that's it then. :!:

I didn't advise you to upgrade (= going to a higher main version), I adviced you to update (= staying on the same main version (10.4) but with a "more bugs fixed" sub version, 10.4.11). - so you stay on OS X 4 (aka Tiger), meaning whatever's Tiger compatible will stay Tiger compatible.

If you were to upgrade to Leopard (OS X 5), then you may have compatibility issues.

To be 100 % sure you should make a Time Machine backup first, so you can easily revert just in case. But I think you're safe.

I've re-booted, no plugin showing for mono or stereo track. I've opened the file that is in Components and paisted the individual files (as there are a few plugins associated with this file) back into Components.

The file icons look like A4 sheets with the corner folded over at the end of the file name is dll.