Controlling Logic by Qlab? [SOLVED]

jbosher

Hi there,

I am in the process of doing a Midi Show Control assignment in which we are using Qlab. What we are planning on doing is having all the audio in logic which will be triggered to play form the beginning through Qlab. I am struggling to find a way to send the play midi message to Logic from Qlab. I have tried using a control surface and mapping a specific key to Play in logic, however i cannot find the control surface in Qlab. Do I need to use a MTC command instead? I am unsure how logic receives these commands and how to select logic in Qlab?

I am using Logic 9 with Qlab 3

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Edited by jbosher

You could send a MIDI Note On message from QLab via an IAC bus (enable the IAC driver in OSX's Audio MIDI Setup) and to trigger playback in Logic. You would need to open the Key Commands window, locate the "Play" command, select it and click the "Learn New Assignment" button (no assignment will be made until you actually send the Note On message from QLab).

J.

Ah brilliant, thanks!

I was doing exactly this, but instead using the controller assignment page instead of the key command page. For some reason it doesnt work when you do it through controller assignments!