Replicating a rocket launch...

project_lumino

Hey,

For the new song Im producing I want the intro to sound like a rocket launch, over the top I want to go "3 2 1" and I want that to sound like im talking into a crackly walkie talkie/space launch speaker.

Just want some tips on how to make it sound as authentic as possible, the song "Spacewalk" by Lemon Jelly has kinda influenced me in a way too if it helps.

So far for the intro Im using : EXSP24 - Helicopter action, with ESP Take Off. But need a big explosion sound also, the ones on logic are ok but think they made need to be edited in order to create a big BOOM sound.

Cheers for any advice x :D

"3 2 1" and I want that to sound like im talking into a crackly walkie talkie/space launch speaker.

short of digging up some public domain files to sample you could use a combination of EQ to roll out the mids and lows giving you a "canned" effect, then maybe route that through the bitcrusher to give it a crystalized digital effect.... theres actually a lot of plug ins that you can fiddle with that can morph it into what you are after, even some cool channel strip settings as well.

you could also use a high pass filter on some white noise to create a building "wooosh" sound, or pitch down a bass kick sample and add some reverb to get a good deep drop.... try phasing this with some other stock samples to craft something unqiue, layers are key here.

possibilities are endless really, just get savvy with your sound design/synthesis.