.logicx huge file size [SOLVED]

posthorn1

I have a project file that is massive and I can't figure out why. I have a .logicx file that is 500MB. There are 263 MB worth of audio files in the project Audio folder and that's it (no Samples, no impulse responses, etc.). The project folder is a combined 763 MB. I read in another forum that clearing the Undo History helps. I did this and it brought the .logicx file down to 470MB - a small reduction. I believe the Saving command is very slow because of this problem. I get a spinning wheel for a couple of seconds on each Save.

Any ideas how to alleviate this (or how it happened in the first place)?

I thought plowman had found my solution, but alas, not. I followed the instructions in the link provided – that is, I deleted all of the back-up files from the "Alternatives" folder within Package Contents. The file size is still 470MB. I thought for sure that would work…hmm.

Yeah, I thought it would too.

Have you tried importing the audio files to a brand new song? (I mean new as in Logic creating a new file for you.) Just the files. No need to recreate the song, regions, not even tracks.

(Needless to say, before you start any of this, back up your audio files.)

If the audio files are truly no more than 263 MB, this new song should be just a little more than that. As a diagnostic, this would prove that there's something latent in the original file that's taking up space.

• 3 weeks later...
I deleted all of the back-up files from the "Alternatives" folder within Package Contents.

What about the undo data? That can make up a large part of the project file.

SOLVED> It was the Undo data. I found the Pref that clears that when you close the file. I should be good now.

• 9 months later...