KRK Rokit 6 or Rokit 8's. any thoughts?

these are both in my price range. I listened to them this week at a store and they sounded really different from each other. the 6's had substantially more boost in the mid range. maybe too much. wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this before i purchase.

thank you

i went from samson 50a's to the rockit 8's. unbelievable how bad my mixing was....the rockit 8's made me go thru all of my tracks and remix all of them. hi's were too high, kick was drowning, hats sounded like snakes...now they all sound a hell of alot better cuz i can hear everything now. at the remixhotelnyc they showed their new line of monitors called the vxt series....vxt4, 6, and 8. these are more unbelievable than the rockits. just listening to the vxt 4's blew me away. as small as they were you could still here everything...even the shaker that was bumpin in the background.

If you're thinking of buying monitors, I'd strongly reccomend audtioning some yourself. In my experience everyone has different expectations of monitors, depending on what music you make, what space you plan to use them in...

The vxts have just come out, so its probably worth checking them out.

I took my laptop to the audio store to audition mine, and made a point of playing back some kicks and some other sounds which I often have difficulty with. If you don't have a laptop, I'd burn a cd of sounds which you can audition.

Good luck