Disable default CCs in Logic?

i

I need this to be addressed:

I am having difficulties as my Moog Litlle Phattys main volume (CC 7) controls

Main volume in Logic and Oscillator 2 frequency knob (CC 9) controls Pan and Oscillator 1 Waveform knob (10) controls Logic's main output Mute. I can't filter these CCs off at the LP's end but perhaps in Logic? Or is there a way to disable those default CCs in Logic so that they don't react to my knob movements?

i

In your environment MIDI instr layer you need to place a filter between the moog physical input and the sequencer input. To do this:

1. Disconnect the moog physical input from the sequncer input. If you have aggregated physical inputs connected to the sequencer in you may need to re-coonect the others individually.

2. Go to New, and select Transformer

3. Wire the moog physical input to the Transformer and then the output of the transformer to the sequncer input.

4. Select '=' under Status in the transfomer and then below it in the menu select 'Control'

5. Go to the white bar menu at the top of the Transformer and select 'Filter Matching Events'

This should work. Let me know how you get on.

S :)

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. For some reason I can't get this to work. When I plug Transformer (and set as you told) after (Moog) Instrument object and patch it to Seq input I still see the CC's going in.

Any ideas?

i

• 1 year later...
In your environment MIDI instr layer you need to place a filter between the moog physical input and the sequencer input. To do this:

1. Disconnect the moog physical input from the sequncer input. If you have aggregated physical inputs connected to the sequencer in you may need to re-coonect the others individually.

2. Go to New, and select Transformer

3. Wire the moog physical input to the Transformer and then the output of the transformer to the sequncer input.

4. Select '=' under Status in the transfomer and then below it in the menu select 'Control'

5. Go to the white bar menu at the top of the Transformer and select 'Filter Matching Events'

This should work. Let me know how you get on.

S :)

Hey y'all! I really need your help, i've got the same situation (Logic Pro & Moog Little Phatty)

What i want tot do is only filter/block midi CC 10, as this controls panning in Logic and the Osc 2 freq on my Moog. What settings must i use in the Transformer, cause now its filtering all midi CC's and i only want to filter cc 10...

Please help!