10.0.7: MIDI draw not updating realtime issue [FIXED]

Simon R.

Hi.

I was so happy to see MIDI draw has become much more responsive with the latest update but I have an issue with it. If I use the consilidated window Piano Roll, dragging points and envelopes will be updated in realtime. However, if I do this in a separate Piano Roll window, it will just show a line while dragging the point(s) and then only update the movement when I release the mouse.

Either this is a bug or it can be changed via an option because I remember that it DID work realtime after fiddling around a bit in a project. But now it doesn't and I can't seem to find any options to suggest this can be changed.... Anyone?

Any of you who have contact with anybody on the Logic (testing) team who can bring this forward? This will again prevent me from going from 9 to X and it's a real shame as I see a lot of other improvements in X, but I use MIDI draw editing a lot while composing so it's a real deal breaker.

Hi

I'm having same problem so glad it's been reported! thanks!

But meanwhile quick question for you all- when you automate in the main window's piano roll (ie not separate window) the line does move as I move the pointer, but is it normal that when I click on a node to move it, the whole area turns dark green above the automation line, the line itself stays white and below the line is a paler/shaded green, whilst losing all the grid lines...?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Confirmed here as well. I hadn't started any projects since the update till a couple of weeks ago (was busy working on my car hobby) and then got hired for some game music. I thought it was just my old template but glad in a way it isn't just me. I always use a separate window for editing and didn't know it works on the consolidated one. Good to know.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...