midi controller that is only a single fader

hi guys

I would like to know if anyone knows of a midi controller that is only a single fader, i would like to use it for logic when I'm in my selected track so i can move the fader up and down without the mouse, no fancy midi controllers!

I do have a novation sl mk2 that can controls the mixer, but faders are small and if you have one, you know that is a pain in the ass cause sometimes you have to program it again all the time to work as both mixer controller and instrument controller.

so i would like to know if there is such a thing or a midi controller that i can use only for moving the fader on my selected channel, no fancy stuff , that is cheap, not bulky, size enough to fit it next to my computer keyboard, just a single fader or like very few ones, not euphonix mix expensive stuff.

i think is a good idea if someone makes one!

cheers!

Jorge

A lot of people have had problems with the Faderport & Logic - myself included - so I'd advise doing some research before you get one.

I can tell you that I jumped through a few hoops getting it installed on 64 bit. I had to install an older driver than the current one, then update IIRC. That was about a year ago and the driver versions on the website are still the same (1.3.5). Once it was installed and recognised in Logic, some of the buttons were mapped wrong, but you can change that in the Controller Assignments window.

The real problem with it is that when in "touch" mode, if you stop moving the fader for a few seconds (while still touching the fader) the automation will snap back to the level it was at before:

auto.png.6b1b6447486b721a8715b71f6e78d405.png

This is a well-known problem and basically the entire reason I bought the thing. I emailed Presonus support - no sign of a fix.

The Alphatrack works very well apparently, but unfortunately - discontinued. Ebay though.

After many years I still haven't found anything that's better at controlling Logic than a mouse and keyboard...

A lot of people have had problems with the Faderport & Logic - myself included - so I'd advise doing some research before you get one

hey fastfourier, thanks for letting me know.

I'm still on logic 9, always work in 32bit mode, not planning to move to X anytime soon and i don't open logic ever in 64 bit.

i've heard it works great in logic pro 9 32bit, does it?

A lot of people have had problems with the Faderport & Logic - myself included - so I'd advise doing some research before you get one

hey fastfourier, thanks for letting me know.

I'm still on logic 9, always work in 32bit mode, not planning to move to X anytime soon and i don't open logic ever in 64 bit.

i've heard it works great in logic pro 9 32bit, does it?

It does!

If you're not using it to write automation then it will work just fine. I'm using mine as a transport control at the moment on the other side of the room.

Maybe they will one day update the drivers and the damn thing will work properly ...

thanks fastfourier!,

well you know I still haven't used a midi controller that works flawlessly with logic, so i knew i was gonna bump into some bugs and headaches eventually with the faderport anyway! haha!

cheers!

i mean, i won't use it for automation. i do that with the sl MKII knobs and works great, just need a fader that feels like a real mixer fader.

It has always worked for me on 9/32-bit. The motorization works without a hitch and everything snaps just like it should.