Output 1-2 volume meter question

Routinemark

In LPX Im trying to use the K-Meter plugin to enable me to set the volume acurately before bouncing:-

I add one meter at the top of the chain - to check the level coming in , and a second at the end of the chain - and I can then ensure the mastering plugins dont drive the signal too hot...

I leave the master always at 0db - but my question is this:- when setting the levels to bounce the track do I tweak the output 1-2 slider (ie so I dont hit 0db) As though the k-meters are doing a purpose where they are - there is no way I know of where I can put another meter on the actual bounced output - other than using the Logic output 1-2 chanel strip meter.

Finally - my understanding is that the pre fade metering function does nothing meaningful on the output 1-2 channel strip (I see its use on the track channel strips - but it does not seem to operate on the output 1-2 strip) .... is that correct please?

Any help would be appreciated:)

Edited by Routinemark

As you've discovered, the only way to monitor the level of the signal at the output of Logic with a metering plug-in is:

- to insert your metering plug-in in the last slow of the Output channel strip, AND

- to keep the level fader on the Output channel strip set to 0.0 dB.

To set your bounce levels, insert a gain plug-in (Utility > Gain) before the last metering plug-in on the Output channel strip.

Thanks David :) - just to check this related point I added just before you replied please:-

Finally - my understanding is that the pre fade metering function does nothing meaningful on the output 1-2 channel strip (I see its use on the track channel strips - but it does not seem to operate on the output 1-2 strip) .... is that correct please?