Track Setting Button in Mixer not working

TheStrange
Go to solution Solved by stewdio,

Yer Im using the trackpad on my macbook pro, Yes tried new projects with different templates as well as blank project, tried re installing logic, tried empty channel strips, tried loading old projects from before when this function did work still nothing! Starting to think about doing a fresh OS install and starting from scratch! Obv I'd rather avoid this where possible!

• 1 year later...

I have this exact same problem - the settings button does not work for me in Logic X. I still have 9 installed on my machine and it works fine but in 10 it's greyed out and doesn't respond to anything.

I can find all sorts of threads of people discussing this issue on several boards but not a single successful answer of what to do about it...I tried trashing preferences and repairing permissions as well as making the channel strip settings folder (and all enclosed items) read/write

Does anyone have any guesses of what else to try? It's really a serious inconvenience to not be able to copy channel strip settings for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Figured it out! I use both 9 and X and when I installed X I had made the 'channel strip settings' folder in the users>music>Audio music apps folder an alias linking to the old folder that 9 used in the users>library>application support>Logic folder and this worked fine for both at that time so I forgot all about doing this.

Presumably with the last update to X, this stopped working. The fix was to reverse which was the actual folder and which was the alias so X gets the legit folder where it wants to see it and 9 gets the alias to the X folder and they both work now :D

• 2 years later...
Figured it out! I use both 9 and X and when I installed X I had made the 'channel strip settings' folder in the users>music>Audio music apps folder an alias linking to the old folder that 9 used in the users>library>application support>Logic folder and this worked fine for both at that time so I forgot all about doing this.

Presumably with the last update to X, this stopped working. The fix was to reverse which was the actual folder and which was the alias so X gets the legit folder where it wants to see it and 9 gets the alias to the X folder and they both work now :D

Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to thank you SO much for this fix!!! I had the same problem, except for the fact that I'd already deleted logic 9. The alias was still there though, exactly as you described... I deleted that, restarted logic x and voilà! I can't tell you how grateful I am- it was sending me crazy- I'd deleted all the preferences files, reinstalled logic, and was also looking down the barrel of a full system install- such an annoying little problem, but so great to be fixed! Best Wishes, Leo