Marquee Select & Delete Issue - since 10.0.7 update

melherb

Hi there,

I updated Logic Pro X today. I am now unable to select a section of audio with the marquee tool, and hit delete to remove the highlighted area. This is only a problem while the automation view is on. It works fine if it is turned off, if you are just viewing the solid waveform.

However, I need to delete sections based on the automation, so I need to see where the file has been automated. I have always used Logic in this way. Is there a setting I need to change for it to work again?

Thanks,

Melanie

Thanks for the reply sambosun.

Is there any way to revert back to a previous version? I don't like using marquee in this way. I preferred it how it was previously, where I could slice up tracks as well as edit automation with the marquee tool.

A couple of workarounds:

1) If you have an adjacent track without any regions in the location of your selection, then extend your Marquee selection to that adjacent track, either while you make the selection by dragging the Marquee tool, or after you've already made the Marquee selection, by shift-clicking the track with the Pointer or Marquee tool. Now press delete.

OR

2) If you have a track without any regions not too far away from the track you want to edit, then extend your Marquee selection to that track, then shift-click all the tracks in between to deselect them. Now press delete.

OR

3) Marquee select what you want to delete, press A to hide automation, press delete, and press A to show automation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. Those workarounds function well enough, however I still find it to be frustratingly counter-intuitive after working with Logic Pro with a particular method and process over the last 6 years. Is there a way that I can revert back to an older version of Logic Pro X so that I may still use the marquee in my preferred way?

Thanks,

Melanie