Is Bounce Start supposed to default to Project Start? [SOLVE

gno

I set the project start at 1,4,2,1 to avoid a lengthy silence at the beginning. But when I went to Bounce the project, I realized that the start position in the Bounce dialog box still defaulted to 1,1,1,1. Is this correct? I could have sworn that the Bounce Start and End defaulted to the Project Start and End. Is there a way to get the Bounce Start and End to default to the Project Start and End? Edited by gno

Any way to get the Cycle mode to recognize the Project Start and End positions quickly?

I'm just wondering what advantage the project start and end gives? If I have a strange start position, it would be awkward to have to manual select the range with a mouse every time I wanted to bounce. It seems that the Project Start and End positions would be advantageous to be used as a default in the Bounce dialog box. Sorry for the rant. Coming from Sonar, which doesn't have any Project Start and End, I was looking forward to Logic, which does. But it seems it doesn't really do anything?

Is there a way to get the Bounce Start and End to default to the Project Start and End?

End yes, Start no.

In any case I strongly recommend against moving your project start to any position other than its default "1 1 1 1" as that would yield all sorts of buggy behaviors in Logic.

Another way to define Bounce start/end positions is to select the regions you're bouncing (Command-A = select all).

Thanks guys. Still new with Logic and getting used to a new work flow. I almost always start the project on bar 2 just in case I have some lead in stuff. So my project start would never be negative. I was able to quickly set cycle start and end to the project start and end - so thank you mattrixx. The Command A would also work well, so that's another way the Project Start and End would come in handy.

But I've seen warnings before about changing the start position, so I think I'm going to do what I did with Sonar, and make Bar 1 a short bar - like changing the from 4/4 to 1/4 so it is really short. That way I can leave Start at 1,1,1,1, and then not have to do anything special when Bouncing.

I usually select all the regions in the session that I wish to include. (in many cases, just a select all) and invoke the Key Command for "Set locators by Regions/Events/Marquee" (I'm not sure what the default is, as I've had it set to F10 for about 15 years now).

Sometimes, I'll have a single dummy region in place to dictate the desired bounce area. then the above Key Command makes a whole lotta sense. Particularly if you're outputting a number of 30" commercials with slightly differing versions...

I usually select all the regions in the session that I wish to include. (in many cases, just a select all) and invoke the Key Command for "Set locators by Regions/Events/Marquee" (I'm not sure what the default is, as I've had it set to F10 for about 15 years now).

Sometimes, I'll have a single dummy region in place to dictate the desired bounce area. then the above Key Command makes a whole lotta sense. Particularly if you're outputting a number of 30" commercials with slightly differing versions...

Great ideas! Thank you.