Kernel Panic- when updating tree

evil_cliff

Which OS X version are you on?

You may have to remove any thing that didn't come from Apple and add them back one at a time till you find which one is causing the problem (possibly update its driver).

Look on Apple's website for any Firmware updates for your Mac.

Lastly, another cause for kernal panic is moving, renaming, or changing the access permissions for system files and folders.

Any of these seem likely?

:?

Lastly, another cause for kernal panic is moving, renaming, or changing the access permissions for system files and folders.

Are you sure? When properly programmed (as I hope OSX is :) ) a user space condition like file permissions should not lead to an unhandled kernel exeption...

Are you sure? When properly programmed (as I hope OSX is :) ) a user space condition like file permissions should not lead to an unhandled kernel exeption...

If the Files had something to do with Logic, then I would say it is a possibility. Changing the permission for something unrelated should have no affect on Logic.

It's all a process of elimination and only Evil_Cliff knows what has happened. If Logic works fine on day but not the day after some kind of change was made, then the user would need to backtrack and undo whatever change was made.

Also, here is some info... You can access Http://www.apple.com/support/logic

and type in Updating Tree and it will return this info.

Logic Pro quits during startup while Updating Tree

Issue or symptom

When you launch Logic Pro, it may quit unexpectedly at the point where the startup screen progress indicator says "Updating Tree".

Products affected

Logic Pro 7

Solution

This behavior indicates an issue with the Project Manager database. Go to ~/Library/Preferences/Logic (where "~" represents your user folder) and drag the folder named "PM Data" to the Trash.

After you delete the "PM Data" folder, you'll need to rebuild the Project Manager database. See page 421 of the Logic Pro Reference manual for details.

This document will be updated as more information becomes available.

You can also access that site from Logic thru the Help menu

Hi guys. Thanks for your quick replies. I got logic running again by removing my Motu Ultralite and flash drive and ran the diks utillity again. Tt didnt work the first few times but it did do something after i removed things.

It is the second time it has done this. The first time was about two months ago and was exactly the same panic...."updating tree" so while i guess it works now i now that its gonna hit me again at somepoint.

Still when i load up logic, it updates tree. Why does Logic do this everythime it loads? I thought it would do this every thime i added a new plugin or something?

Hi guys. Thanks for your quick replies. I got logic running again by removing my Motu Ultralite and flash drive and ran the diks utillity again. Tt didnt work the first few times but it did do something after i removed things.

It is the second time it has done this. The first time was about two months ago and was exactly the same panic...."updating tree" so while i guess it works now i now that its gonna hit me again at somepoint.

Still when i load up logic, it updates tree. Why does Logic do this everythime it loads? I thought it would do this every thime i added a new plugin or something?

It's not a bad thing to have. It is checking and updating files in your Project Manager.

See if you have a check next to the 'Load Project Manager...' In the Global Preferences section.

Just for fun,

You can uncheck that box, close Logic. Open Logic and go to that preference section, check the box and watch the Updating Tree message pop up.

919721673_Picture1.png.1a08e0aa0858a59b422e50109864488b.png