Ally's Update!

AllyMusicGirl

Hey Everybody!

I have a few questions and and interesting experience to share!

First off -

Seems I still have my NI Battery sample files (see below) can I use Logic Express' internal sampler EXS24 to play these - or better yet could I use REDRUM within Logic..OR better yet call the samples up in BFD? :lol: Can you tell I'm excited?

Secondly -

I want a tube mic - I've narrowed it down to three:

http://www.sontronics.com/helios.htm

http://www.cadmics.com/M9.htm

http://www.mxlmics.com/condenser_mic/mxlv69mogami/mxlv69.htm

If anyone can help narrow my list down I would be in your debt!

Finally -

I used my TASCAM US-428 in my set-up last night as a means to connect two MIDI devices (Midistudio Keyboard - Yamaha DD55)

So I open in this order: Gear Box, Logic Express, Reason - (BDF autoloads for this template)

No latency - all my faders worked, jog wheel good, and then out of nowhere...

WHITE NOISE BLAST - I pissed my knickers!

What gives? Now I did notice that Reason didn't recoginze my US 428 as a MIDI device - yet it still worked (with a little bit of crunchiness)

Any ideas?

yes, I know I'm a daft bossy gal!

:wink: Cheers!

the noise blasts are coming from BFD, I'll bet you anything.

I have dealt with this problem for over a year now and finally stopped using BFD altogether.

The nice people at fxpansion were no help.

I feel for you, this problem destroyed many creative moments, and also made me shelve $1000 worth of useless plugins.

If you make any headway with fxpansion, please let us know. I started a thread about this very subject about a month ago.

keep us posted, good luck!

NW

Tube mic eh?

nice !

I played with the MXL V69.

Wonderful mic for the money.

Not too familiar with the other ones though...

Also I have a friend who owns a couple of MXL mics and he had an issue with one and they were really helpful in resolving it (MXL fixed his mic right away, good support, etc etc)

edit;

That little Helios mic looks cool !

Edited by prospect

Hey Ally,

I would try just loading your Autoload to be certain those blasts are coming from BFD. I've got an Autoload template set up with a BFD All instance and have never heard the white noise you are having. Not doubting that Nick may have a basis for his reasoning, but I've never had the problem.

Ally,

Have you tried any of those mics you've listed. If not, I suggest trying them out before you buy one (if possible that is). You may actually find that none of those mics are well suited to your voice.

Just my 2 cents.

Ally,

Have you tried any of those mics you've listed. If not, I suggest trying them out before you buy one (if possible that is). You may actually find that none of those mics are well suited to your voice.

Just my 2 cents.

If you have a credit card with a fair limit buy a bunch and return the ones you don't like.

Not sure if they do this in the UK but in the US this is like... free gear rental :twisted:

Hi,

I had two MXL mics at my studio among others and they sound pretty good, but they both broke down within one year, so I'm not sure of the quality. I've had a Rode mic for 8 years and it's still like new, and an AKG is awesome too, but a little mo' money...

BTW...the white noise blast is a BFD problem, but mine was fixed when I had it upgraded to the latest version...

If you have a credit card with a fair limit buy a bunch and return the ones you don't like. Not sure if they do this in the UK but in the US this is like... free gear rental

lol - you're a real nasty prospect! - and FYI I live in Atlanta - I've been in the states for 3 years now. :)

Thank you to everyone that lended advice!

I went with the RØDE NT1-A and a UA SOLO 610 Preamp!

Going to play with them tonight!

If you have a credit card with a fair limit buy a bunch and return the ones you don't like. Not sure if they do this in the UK but in the US this is like... free gear rental

lol - you're a real nasty prospect! - and FYI I live in Atlanta - I've been in the states for 3 years now. :)

Thank you to everyone that lended advice!

I went with the RØDE NT1-A and a UA SOLO 610 Preamp!

Going to play with them tonight!

It's a Holiday week-end. Go out and PARTYyyyyyyyyy.... 8)

563068576_Picture2.png.fbeeda032890795623dcd1909a399cfa.png

Hey Everybody!

I have a few questions and and interesting experience to share!

: Gear Box,

:wink: Cheers!

I love this plugin.... Gearbox!

I Bought the Gold bundle .... downloaded about 500 presets.....and use it on so many things... guitars, bass... it's even got some great vocal presets like megaphone for cool fx. There is a bass preset that turns any live bass bit into a big fat RnB synth like sound.

Use it as a multi-FX also for anything.

This and the Axon AX-50 midi guitar converter are my new fav studio toys.

The ony issue is that you need to have the hardware thingy connected USB as a DONGLE! I don't need it as an input device... as I go thru a Neve or UA pre-amp.