Please help? Audio output problems.

dibetta

ok im having MASSIVE audio output problems with logic. i use a M-Audio Fasttrack pro and far too often whilst working in logic it just completely stops outputting sound. now i have had this problem apply to my whole computer as in itunes and everything stops outputting sound but now its only applying to logic at regular intervals.

the only way i can fix it is by turning the m-audio off and back on. and waiting for it to load.

somebody PLEASE PLEASE help me!

ok im having MASSIVE audio output problems with logic. i use a M-Audio Fasttrack pro and far too often whilst working in logic it just completely stops outputting sound. now i have had this problem apply to my whole computer as in itunes and everything stops outputting sound but now its only applying to logic at regular intervals.

the only way i can fix it is by turning the m-audio off and back on. and waiting for it to load.

somebody PLEASE PLEASE help me!

This is not a Logic issue IMHO but an issue with M-Audio's crappy drivers. Also I simply do not trust USB for audio.

I can relate....

Bought an M-audio Quattro couple years ago (before I know any better...fak).

It worked for like 3 months, then completely shat the bed... no audio at all. Midi worked fine though. Was so fed up with it that I let it sit in my garage for 8 months. Studio mate finally saw it, and made me take it in to a local dealer (Long&Mcwade in Canada). They sent it back to M-audio, got me a brand new unit. Has worked fine ever since (even got a copy of Ableton Live lite with the new one too)!

My advice: Take it back, exchange it, but do not waste any more of your valuable time trying to figure out a manufacturers cheap production line fak-ups. ie the unit is faulty & defective.