Quick way to edit RBA

vpunk

Hey - Does anyone know a quick way to display or edit Region based automation?

As opposed to to the huge pain in the rear that makes it so tough to deal with.

Oh and let's assume TBA is out of the question . . .

Tyler.

Well working for one . . . plus I like the idea of contained automatin.

I'm not saying that everything is going to be RBA . . . .just some parts.

So is there a quick way? A good keyboard shortcut perhaps?

Well working for one . . . plus I like the idea of contained automatin.

I'm not saying that everything is going to be RBA . . . .just some parts.

So is there a quick way? A good keyboard shortcut perhaps?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that HyperEdit isn't working at all for you? Maybe it's a workflow issue? If you have a region with RBA, and you want to edit one or more of it's included parameters, select the region, then open the HyperEdit window, in the Hyper menu select "Create Hyper Set for Current Events".

All your automated parameters for that region are now there for editing. Give this new set the same name as your region. To pull it up later you can just use a screenset.

Thanks I'll give that a shot. . . .

I think you'll like doing it this way. I find it's great to be able to alter say, note velocity and a simultaneous plug-in setting change on the same screen, lined right up.

can it be done in matrix edit?

Theoretically, yes. However I don't seem to be clever enough to figure out how to select which parameter shows up in the Hyperdraw pane of the Matrix editor. It's obvious for MIDI cc's but when you're using Fader messages it's not. Maybe someone else can shed some light.

vpunk, it would help if you described what your current workflow is to work with RBA, and what doesn't work in your workflow.

There's one key command I use quite a bit, it's Hyper Draw : Autodefine. You can use it on the selected region in Arrange, or in the Matrix or Score editors. Press it repeatedly to toggle between the various used RBA parameters.

There's one key command I use quite a bit, it's Hyper Draw : Autodefine. You can use it on the selected region in Arrange, or in the Matrix or Score editors. Press it repeatedly to toggle between the various used RBA parameters.

That's it! Thanks David. That's the part I was missing! It had never occured to me that repeating the autodefine command would cycle through the parameters. It's not exactly intuitive is it? Hey, I got it now, that's what counts. Big help.

Hyper Draw : Autodefine. . . . . Press it repeatedly to toggle between the various used RBA parameters.

David, just a follow-up on this. If I have say, 7 plug-in parameters as part of my RBA for a given region, and I use my cool new Hyperdraw: Autodefine key command, when I repeat the key and reach the 7th parameter, the key command is no longer effective. How does one get back to viewing the other previous parameters?

If these were cc's it would be a simple matter of using the pulldown list in the Matrix hyperdraw view. However, that doesn't include Fader messages. It must be something simple I'm missing.