Problems with MIDI notes in Logic

soundbase

I am having problems with my MIDI Controller and Logic Express. When I am recording my MIDI I keep on getting notes that hang and I have to hit the note again to get it to stop, and I have instances where I hit the notes on the keyboard and Logic does not pick them up. And when I go into my matrix editor I get these long notes that I have to go in and shorten. It is eating up alot of my time just sorting out the incorrect length MIDI notes. I will for example be using my controller to program in drum beats. And when I go into the matrix editor there are these long notes that I know I didnt hold down for that long.

I am not using any extrenal MIDI instruments, they are all virtual instruments. At first I thought is was my controller, But when I open up the stand alone instruments I dont have the issue with my controller. Only in Logic. Is there some setting or something in Logic that I am missing? I have tried to go though all the menus but cant see anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The CAPS lock keyboard is fine. So I did think it was my controller. But when I close Logic and use some of my standalone applications it never does it. So I thought it was Logic. I am looking at getting a new controller, as my evolution e-keys controller isn't that great. I am just a bit worried that I will fork out money for the new controller and still have the same problems with Logic.