Did I write this?

drumbug1

Don't you hate it when you get a song stuck in your head but you don't know if you subconsciously ripped it off of someone else?

Anyway... this got stuck in my head while I was in the shower today (I swear to God I write most of my songs there then rush out and write it down!)....

http://www.rokkinsanity.com/audio/PopSongChorus64728.mp3

(you'll have to excuse intonation and crappy playing ... I was just in a hurry to get it down!!!)

Heh... you're right - that chord progression has been used a 'few' songs. :lol:

As for the drum sound:

I close mic'ed *everything* (because it's a really small room with a nasty sound):

Bass - SM57 (low pass filter)

Snare - SM58 (gated and eq)

Hi-Hat - MXL 603 (high pass filter)

Rack Tom - Shure 55SH (eq)

Floor Tom - MXL 2001 (gated and eq'ed)

...everything went straight into my Presonus Firepod and then into Logic. I did a little bit of panning to try to give it a quasi-natural stereo sound. If I remember right I panned the 603 slightly to the right and the SM58 slightly to the left. Those are where most of the snare sound came from. Because of the way the SM58 was gated and eq'ed - it sounded weird by itself but really a bit fatter with the 603 on the other side.... wasn't going for it: just something I noticed that was kind of neat.

The mic selection is pretty wild - it was somewhat of an experiment... and those just happen to be all of the mics I own (except a couple of junky Nadys that came with my PA).