"Lets Just Walk Away" - (small language warning)

erfmufn

Hi folks,

Had a fun session last night where a muck about in logic turned into a full song in a couple of hours.. you know when everything just flows ?

Anyway this song has no electronic elements, I'm going back to basics with all live instruments, although the guitar solo is reversed for effect and the piano was recorded with MIDI.

Very simple/raw track with little end production. Tips for this happily encouraged. Enjoy!

http://www.dylan.dragnet.com.au/LetsJustWalkAway.mp3

http://www.dylan.dragnet.com.au/forums/letsjustwalkawayb.jpg

I like it a lot. Really, you can close your eyes and relax and just walk away when listening to it.

Since you asked for tips, here's what I think:

The ostinato (maybe an unusual term in english, I am talking about the endlessly repeating guitar chords the whole thing starts with) is starting to bug a little after a while although it is a basic and vital element of the song, so why not throwing in some variation in sound (not in the notes - they have to be the same all the time!)? Play with reverb, let it drop back in the room and come to the front again very slowly, or something like that. Same thing for the flip sound. But don't overdo anything, the song pleases because of its simplicity.

It's a nice piece of music, I just feel you can make it to be brilliant.

Cheers!