MIDI problem

andyr

I'm using Logic Pro 7 with a Presonus Firebox interface, and every few minutes, my MIDI tracks stop playing, and a high-pitched noise happens. Audio tracks still play. I can mute every track, and even close the song, but the noise doesn't go away until I quit the program.

Sometimes i can work for an houror so before it happens, but lately it happens very frequently. Also, a new thing has begun happening - sometimes the MIDI tracks don't play at all, with no noise.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

you haven't posted all the information needed, but it sounds like a midi loop.

you may need to evaluate the setup your using, or settings. we will know after you have answered Davids question.

if it is a midi loop you can send logic a midi panic by double clicking in the transport windows where it shows the midi notes you pressing. just double click between the two parameters. it will send a midi panic to logic, and quit the noise without you having to exit the application.

not at logic so i can't do a screenshot.

When you say "MIDI Track".. do you mean audio instrument tracks, or tracks controlling external hardware MIDI instruments? It sounds like it could be a driver issue. I would try switching the driver to "built-in" in Audio > Audio Hardware and Drivers and see if the problem is still present?

Here's what I did:

Played the song using the Firebox in and out, until I had the problem (about 10 minutes).

Played it over and over for about an hour with built-in audio selected in my Mac sound preferences. No problem.

Played it over and over for about an hour with built-in audio selected in audio hardware and drivers. No problem.

Lst night, I got some error messages I've never seen before - "error in sedelequete" (sp?) and "damaged song clearec.sevstart < mseq."

I don't remember having this problem in any other song, but then I don't have any other song with audio and MIDI tracks. The MIDI tracks were created by my friend in Cubase, I believe, and I brought them into Logic. I gather from the "damaged song" part of the first message that my song could be corrupt.

What do you think my next step should be?

When you say "MIDI Track".. do you mean audio instrument tracks, or tracks controlling external hardware MIDI instruments? It sounds like it could be a driver issue. I would try switching the driver to "built-in" in Audio > Audio Hardware and Drivers and see if the problem is still present?

Did I answer your question? The MIDI tracks are playing Quicktime synth sounds, not an external synth.

Thanks.