Toontrack´s EZDrummer+dfh superior vs. fxpansion´s BFD +DLX

Hello ,

I want to buy one of these Drum Plug-ins in the next few days but I can´t decide which one to choose. Is there anybody out there who has experience in one of these plugs or even was able to compare them??? what about sound quality, handling,

RAM usage, multichannel-outputs to mix each drum sound in a seperate logic mixer-track ?

I was looking on both webpages and listened to their mp3´s .the dfh sound was very impressive, the BFD´s sound was crappy becouse of bad mp3 quality(at least I hope so..)The BFD exansion is much bigger (55GB) than the dfh superior (35GB),

on EZDrummer i liked the loops and the user interface.

I need one of these Plugs for easy drum-programming (BFD as easy as EZDrummer? ) and and good sounding drums easy to route to individual logic mixer tracks.

LogicPro 7.2.3

MacPro quad 2x2,66 Ghz

250GB MacHD

500GB Audio Drive

2 GB RAM

So, anybody uses one of these plugs, which experiences???

Thanks a lot

Hello ,

I want to buy one of these Drum Plug-ins in the next few days but I can´t decide which one to choose.

So, anybody uses one of these plugs, which experiences???

Thanks a lot

Your fine with 2GB ram for one,

EZ Drummer is fun and easy, more midi files that make sense., While some think "who needs the plugs midi files", - > check them out yourself and see how fast and straight forward EZ drummer's midi files are, very basic and cover not just all styles of drumming but the fundamentals of building patterns.

I like EZ drummer more, that is me though., if you want more control go for BFD., its a headache at times to install i hear., i did try my friends once and it was not at all user friendly., of-course either was Logic v2 with the german manuals once.

The EZ drummer the pop and vintage kits are hot, DKFH sounds to me like tapping, you will need some cool compressors or something else to beef em up some what, the attack is right for what they are though.

BFD with drumagog (think its the right name) i also another solution if you have the cash.

I also have addictive drums and drumcore as well.

by far the best is this one

addictive drums

http://www.bigfishaudio.com/4DCGI/detail.html?1383

i have all of them and this one is the the one i use the most.

they all have that raw sound for drums and even if u end up getting bfd or dfh, u should get EZplayer free which is a plugin that works with any of the other drum programs and has tons of good and easy to edit midi grooves that just work. plain and simple rock and pop, jazz etc but acftually sounds good and not like drumcore which its the worst one out there even if it has the best drummers.

by far the best is this one

addictive drums

http://www.bigfishaudio.com/4DCGI/detail.html?1383

i have all of them and this one is the the one i use the most.

they all have that raw sound for drums and even if u end up getting bfd or dfh, u should get EZplayer free which is a plugin that works with any of the other drum programs and has tons of good and easy to edit midi grooves that just work. plain and simple rock and pop, jazz etc but actually sounds good and not like drumcore which its the worst one out there even if it has the best drummers.

I got Addictive drums, like i said, its midi limitations hold back., was night and day working with it compared to BFD and EzDrummer.

i will agree that Addictive drums can sound great if your tweaking its effects right, and it sometimes seems to be as if you had BFD with a EzDrummer interface which is what EzDrummer is supposed to be, only cause Addictive drums default play back volume is much more louder then EzDrummer where in logic you just pop a compressor into the channel for example or gain and your fine, BUT... then you also have DrumCore which makes Addictive drums sound like a joke and EzDrummer and DrumCore are both fun and fast to work with., different from each other but really easy.

If your interested in making music and your asking between BFD and EzDrummer then EzDrummer is fast, easy and sounds good..

I gave up BFD and only use EzDrummer, Addictive Drums and DrumCore.

For BFD i have used Drumagog, but this is realy expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Logic Pro!

How does the SOUND of Addictive Drums sound compared to EZ and DFH Custom & Vintage?

I have the Yamaha DTXpress IV Special and will most likely be playing my own drum parts vs midi files.

Thanks for your help!

SEA 8)

Hey Logic Pro!

How does the SOUND of Addictive Drums sound compared to EZ and DFH Custom & Vintage?

I have the Yamaha DTXpress IV Special and will most likely be playing my own drum parts vs midi files.

Thanks for your help!

SEA 8)

To answer your question, i can shut of the tons of fx and compressor limitors on most of the A.D. presets and if you compare it to EZDrummer its identicle., some people where under the impression AD sounded better while it is all false, What AD has over EZDrummer is that you can edit the samples.

I used Logic's Compressor with it's defualt preset on both AD and EZ, not only did Logics Compressor balance them but sounds better then the ones hatcome with these programs.

If you plan to use these products professionally as a producer with either live drummers or not and also want the most of a virtual drum set then the most flexible is BFD, this is cause you may need to send one sample (example a snare) or even a overhead mic mix to a Bus or sidechain it or them, EZDrummer, DrumCore and Addictive Drums do not allow this., they come with internal mixers, AD seems to allow multi outputs but it does have quirks.

Drummers with pads seem to like BFD since you can munipulate the samples better and especially if your the drummer and can tell from hitting the pads if the sample's feel fake.,

Edited by Logic Pro

Hey Logic Pro!

Thanks for your help!

SEA 8)

To answer your question, i can shut of the tons of fx on most of the A.D. presets and if you compare it to EZDrummer its identicle., some are way over compressed and people where under the impression it sounded better then EZDrummer just cause it seemed louder and clear to them., i use Logic's Compressor at a defualt preset to compare and it sounded better then any fx from both of these products and also htey sounded like i said, identicle.

If you plan to use these products professionally as a producer with either live drummers or not or want the most of a virtual drum set then the most flexible is BFD, this is cause you may need to send one sample (example a snare) or even a overhead mic mix to a Bus or sidechain it or them, EZDrummer, DrumCore and Addictive Drums do not allow this., they come with internal mixers, AD seems to allow multi outputs but it does have quirks.

Drummers with pads seem to like BFD since you can munipulate the samples better and especially if your the drummer and can tell from hitting the pads if the sample's feel fake.,

Thanks Logic!

BTW- Does EZ have more drum sets than AD? I know they are newer and will be coming out with refills I hear!

And since these programs are fairly inexpensive... perhaps picking up one of each will be the way to go! ;)

Jamie :)

If you plan to use these products professionally as a producer with either live drummers or not and also want the most of a virtual drum set then the most flexible is BFD.

A producer friend of mind has BFD and said he had some problems with it I'm (not sure exaclty what the problems were) and didn't get much help from the company to fixing them. He even said I could have them since he wasn't using it.

Have you heard of endusers having difficulties with BFD? If so... have they come out with any patches to fix it?

Thanks,

SEA 8)

If you plan to use these products professionally as a producer with either live drummers or not and also want the most of a virtual drum set then the most flexible is BFD.

A producer friend of mind has BFD and said he had some problems with it I'm (not sure exaclty what the problems were) and didn't get much help from the company to fixing them. He even said I could have them since he wasn't using it.

Have you heard of endusers having difficulties with BFD? If so... have they come out with any patches to fix it?

Thanks,

SEA 8)

BFD has issues with intel machines, i think it allways has problems based on a copy protected scheme, like digi's lower end stuff., but BFD is set out to be the most flexible.

Thank you guys for helping me to make a decision: I bought both the EZD+Vintage Kit and BFD plus Deluxe Pack and i am happy with both of it so far...

Another Question: is it possible to reinstall the medium installation of BFD Deluxe pack, i installed the large installation and i think i wont need all the velocity samples. Or do i have to uninstall the hole deluxe pack and install the medium version? That would take a lot of time...