Installing Audio Instruments crashes Logic

Jack Weaver

Yup, that's what happens. Every time now. I try to instantiate any manufacturer's audio instrument and then try to call up an instrument and then is when Logic gives me the beachball.

I've trashed the prefs. No difference.

I shut down & cycled the power on my external hard drives. Restarted. Same thing over and over.

Next idea?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Was there a time when your AUs were working alright & did this problem only start after adding a particular one? If so, remove it & see if the problem goes.

If you can't seem to pinpoint a specific AU that is causing the problem maybe remove them all from ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ to your desktop. Then add them one at a time, obviously having to quit & restart Logic each time. Quite a long task if you have a lot of AUs!

Maybe you could list them here. Someone might recognise a known trouble-maker.

Well, I've done a ton of stuff and seem to have located the area of concern. After I changed the audio driver to internal and then back to my interface I'm only crashing in one type of audio instrument: those based upon Kompakt Player.

So I'll contact the nice people at NI see what they have to say.

Thanks for the help,

Jack