Recording problems in Logic

James3Bear

Help please

I have an Intel based Macbook (black)

I use a Digi002 Rack (Pro Tools 7.1.1 and Logic 7.2)

I have a condensor mic connected (phantom power turned on) connected to input 3 of my Digi002 rack.

In Logic, when I set my audio input to "3" so that I can record audio into my mic, it immediately peaks and fuzzes and makes white noise sound. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong configuration wise. In fact, when I try my setup on my bigger iMac, it records just fine on input 3. back to my laptop, where I have Pro Tools installed, I even tried it on Pro Tools. I set a track to input 3, and it records just fine. The same is happening on my DI track (input 4), for my electric guitar. same white noise type of deal on the audio track.

Why is this happening in Logic? Why can't I record on my input track? Am I missing something? Is there an updated driver I need to install for Logic? This is quite frustrating as I've tried all the troubleshooting I can think of. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Make sure you installed the proper Digi Core Audio driver for your mac? Is it the intel or UB version of the driver?

It sounds like a driver problem. Even if you're certain you have the correct driver installed, I would try trashing it and reinstalling, and also make sure you repair permissions before and after installing it.

I would search it on your hard drive.. probably in your application or utility folder.

To download the new one, just go to digidesign's website, and look for it. Make sure you read all the details: OS X, Intel... blah blah blah. I'll post the link when I find it - update: can't find it! But it's got to be there somewhere.