Update to 7.2.1

djals

I'm trying to update to 7.2.1 and every time i get a message saying

'An eligible Logic Pro Version was not found in the Applications Folder. This update requires Logic Pro Version 7.2.0'

I've checked the info on my version, it states 7.2.0 (954) and i've not moved any of the folders from their original installation position. Whats going on? Does this (954) have any thing to do with it?

It is legit (no worries) and it lives here '/Applications/Logic 7 Series'

I've still got 6.4.2 on my system as i upgraded recently. This lives in the same folder.

Shed any light?

I'd move the Logic 6 to a separate folder in your apps folder. I've still got Gold 6 to run a few AUs that don;t work in 7 but it is in its old Logic 6 Series folder in apps.

Actually my Logic Pro 7 isn't in any sub-folder. It is just the app within the apps folder. Maybe your sub-folder is confusing things?!?

Older installers used folders to contain all the Logic related fine. New installers create a new kind of file called "package", which is a folder that you can access by control-clicking, but at the same time a shortcut to launch the application. So you can see the Logic Pro app package/shortcut right in your application folder.