Jump to content

Exported videos uploading with partial audio


jriggab
 Share

Recommended Posts

Has anybody encountered / solved the following problem...?

 

I'm writing music to video. Then I export the music to the video (mixed with the original video's audio). When I look at the video in Quicktime everything is fine. Then if I upload that exported video to Dropbox or my Google drive the uploaded video often (though not always) just has the original audio of the video I was scoring. The exported video has a different file name from the original video so I don't think it's just user error in terms of file confusion...

 

Thanks!

http://jasonbinnick.com

running Logic 10.5.1 on Mac OS 10.15.7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like you are exporting to a file using multiple audio tracks inside the movie.

Make sure to import the original audio into Logic for mixing then export the audio to the movie file replacing the original with the mix you have in Logic.

Mac mini 2.6 GHz 16GB RAM ArecaRAID | MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz 16GB RAM | Os 10.14.5
Logic Pro 10.4.5 | RME Fireface UFX | Adam A7 + Sub8 | Spectrasonics | Softube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your response, Eric -- that doesn't seem to be the problem though unless i'm misunderstanding you.

 

When I import a movie there's a dialog box that says, "This movie contains an audio track" and I have both of the boxes ("Open the movie" and "Extract the audio track") selected.

 

Then after I've done all my work, I select "Export audio to movie" from the "Movie" subfolder from the "File" dropdown menu. The audio format defaults to "Linear PCM" with 44100 sample rate and bit depth of 16. I click "OK" then get a dialog window that says, "Choose tracks to export". I have never seen more that one track in the box no matter what my session looks like. it says "Track #1", "Track Name: 2: Sound 'aac', (2 channels, 0 bit, 48.000 kHz). I get same result whether I highlight that track and click "OK" or just do nothing and click "OK".

 

The exported movie is always just as I expect it if I open it in Quicktime, but half the time if I upload it to Dropbox or Google there is only the original video's audio.

 

The best workaround I've found is to bounce the audio as I want it and then start a new session, import the movie and then import the bounced audio and then export the movie.

 

Any ideas? Thanks again for your help. It's very appreciated.

http://jasonbinnick.com

running Logic 10.5.1 on Mac OS 10.15.7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I click "OK" then get a dialog window that says, "Choose tracks to export". I have never seen more that one track in the box no matter what my session looks like. it says "Track #1", "Track Name: 2: Sound 'aac', (2 channels, 0 bit, 48.000 kHz). I get same result whether I highlight that track and click "OK" or just do nothing and click "OK".

 

Make sure that "that" track is not selected.

Then click OK.

 

Now open the Movie in QuickTime and see i what the get info window has to say about its audio by choosing Window > Show Movie Inspector.

 

Do you have a version QuickTime 7 installed? It has an option to see the Movie properties (Command - J) and is perfect for this kind of task.

Mac mini 2.6 GHz 16GB RAM ArecaRAID | MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz 16GB RAM | Os 10.14.5
Logic Pro 10.4.5 | RME Fireface UFX | Adam A7 + Sub8 | Spectrasonics | Softube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 years later...

Would love to bump this as I am having similar issues. 

My "choose tracks to export" window is similar to what @jriggab describes - one track option, with the track name "2: Sound 'aac ', (2 channels, 0 bit, 48.000 kHz)". This track must be enabled in order for me to hear the video's audio in the export. 

The export will play correctly on my computer, but issues appear when the video goes through compression (namely, either Google Drive or Handbrake - compressors such as MPEG Streamclip work). In these aforementioned compressions, the original video audio will remain, but all the Logic audio will be wiped. 

I am wondering what is actually going on in this compression process, and how I can retrain Logic to fix this without having to extract the video audio. 

(This issue was also discussed here, yet was not resolved). 

Edited by TimeForMusic

Logic Pro 10.5.1 - macOS 10.14.6 - Mac Pro (Late 2013) 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon ES 64 GB 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...