RME, Metric Hal, Prosunus or?

editbrain, you said I have created an environment layer inside logic that controls Total Mix. So the no monitor level knob isn't an issue much anymore.

How, what & why did you do that in the environment? can you explaine what you've mentioned above cause I'm very interested in that concept. Brilliant

Thanx

editbrain, you said I have created an environment layer inside logic that controls Total Mix. So the no monitor level knob isn't an issue much anymore.

How, what & why did you do that in the environment? can you explaine what you've mentioned above cause I'm very interested in that concept. Brilliant

Thanx

i also PM'ed edit brain about that, no answer yet ;)

here is a quick rundown. in the total mix manual you will find a listing of midi cc's for the faders and controls of total mix. you can download an updated version from there website (RME Website)

you create a new layer in the env. create a new fader, and set the values for that fader to match that of total mix. it is done by midi so you can use the iac bus, or a physical midi cable.

you will also have to make the RME midi enabled. you do this in on of the Total Mix menus. I will post a env layer here when i can with better explanations. there is also a post on apple discussion about this that we went into really deep detail.

do a search at apple as well.

here is a quick rundown. in the total mix manual you will find a listing of midi cc's for the faders and controls of total mix. you can download an updated version from there website (RME Website)

you create a new layer in the env. create a new fader, and set the values for that fader to match that of total mix. it is done by midi so you can use the iac bus, or a physical midi cable.

you will also have to make the RME midi enabled. you do this in on of the Total Mix menus. I will post a env layer here when i can with better explanations. there is also a post on apple discussion about this that we went into really deep detail.

do a search at apple as well.

That would be really cool, i never got a manual with mine., Cheers

would this work with the Apogee Ensemble?

Any Ensemble users out there, let me hear you!!! :lol:

if by "this" you mean control it from within Logic, the Ensemble already has built in controls/features in the latter versions of Logic.

X

would this work with the Apogee Ensemble?

Any Ensemble users out there, let me hear you!!! :lol:

if by "this" you mean control it from within Logic, the Ensemble already has built in controls/features in the latter versions of Logic.

X

What i want to know is that if you can use digital internal routine with Ensemble like the Fireface 800 can, for example i can send something out of reason into another track and record it in real time instead of just hear it back in a reason channel of logic.

That's true xs but my problem is it can't open as a flotting window. I adjust the volume (preamp) and if I press the space bar to stop for ex. I must first click the background of Logic than the space bar to stop or play. Also, to bring back the Apogee control to surface, again I need to click this than click that to adjust the volume. This is a big problem for me. So now all I do is reach my hand out and do it manually. if I can create a fader in the environment for pre 1 or 2 or even for the headphones that would be great. I heard you can do almost anything in the environment can this be done?

That's true xs but my problem is it can't open as a flotting window. I adjust the volume (preamp) and if I press the space bar to stop for ex. I must first click the background of Logic than the space bar to stop or play. Also, to bring back the Apogee control to surface, again I need to click this than click that to adjust the volume. This is a big problem for me. So now all I do is reach my hand out and do it manually. if I can create a fader in the environment for pre 1 or 2 or even for the headphones that would be great. I heard you can do almost anything in the environment can this be done?

You should look into screensets. That will solve your conundrum. Best feature about Logic and it doesn't get talked enough about really.

X

• 2 weeks later...
I cant decide, i guess i am looking to hear what others experience with these units.

I like the fact that MH is smaller, portable and expandable.

But then i wish the fireface 400 was a 400 and smaller.

so at this point i like to know how well they work with Logic and if i can route them via ADAT into Pro Tools.

MH rocks period!! :D