Regrets after the 10.4.9 & Pro App Support upgrades!

Well I finally got round to doing them & ........

At least 6 AUs no longer pass the validation anymore! Would this be due to the OS upgrade or the ProApp Support upgrade? I can still use them in Gold 6 & I've "forced" a couple of them with the AU Manager so I can still use them in Pro 7. They are in nearly every song & I've never had trouble with them before so I'm fairly confident they won't cause me trouble, despite the dire warning I now get every time I launch Logic.

I've also noticed a couple of really useful Finder key commands have disappeared. For years I've used Control & the CD Eject key to Restart, & Control, Option(Alt), Command plus the Eject key to Shut Down. Perhaps they've been removed as a safety feature because the latter didn't give any warning window that it was shutting down. I'm really missing those. I need to see if I can create an Automator action to run the same task & assign those keys with Keyboard Maestro.

Has anyone else lost favourite features in the Finder, Logic or any other apps?

Justin, ever since the upgrade i've had a couple of issues. A few of my AUs no longer pass validation (they are Waves plugins) and Logic has been crashing to desktop frequently. I am barely using any of my system resources so I know I can rule that out. I went to the Waves site and the validation thing is a known issue. They say keep using the plugins and everything should be fine. I decided to disable those particular AUs and use the Logic native plugins instead. So far after considerable use, no crashes to desktop.

Luckily my validation failing AUs are all freeware, not expensive things like Waves.

When I rescan any of them & check through the Audio Unit Validation Result sheet they pass on everything except this final line:

Checking parameter setting

Using AudioUnitSetParameter

Using AudioUnitScheduleParameter

ERROR: Buffer overun was detected when rendering

* * FAIL

Does this mean anything to anyone here? Does it sound really serious?