I can't believe the prices for the new retina iMacs!

Glenn L.

I got an email from Amazon this morning, offering the new iMacs. They ranged in price from about €2,900 to over €5000! :shock:

I think that's insane. I think it will push people whose current Macs are on their last legs to either buy another second-hand, or go over to Windoze. I have a feeling that they aren't going to sell a ton of them at those prices. Sweet Jaysus.

Oh, my heart bleeds for Apple, which just posted record earnings the last quarter! :D

I do like the specs on the Retinas, which are more relevant to me than 4k resolution. My mini-server, bought in 2012, is going to have to last me a couple of more years, though. The one thing I don't like about it is the fan noise, and the fan seems to be kicking in more often these days. I think it mostly has to do with no independent video card.

iMac retina is a proof of concept. They pioneered consumer HiDPI, its only fair that they're the first with an all-in-one solution.

It will be a while since this becomes defacto standard though, its 2,5 years since first retina macs and even Apple's own apps aren't all retina-ready. :)

Archived