Strange midi behavior in 10.1 [FIXED]

Soundhound

I was having some kontakt problems and in the process of sussing it out, I updated to 10.1. Now there's some strange midi stuff going on:

Have several instruments loaded into an instance of Kontakt, each instrument on it's own midi channel. In the region i have a few different lines written on the different midi channels. It plays back fine, but when I grab any note in the piano roll, regardless of the midi channel it's assigned to, it plays the instrument on channel 1. arg.

On top of this

- quite often I get midi notes in the piano roll that i can't click on.

- when switching regions, the piano roll editor doesn't switch, and keeps showing the midi data for whatever region it was showing before, no matter how many times yo click on a different region, it doesn't help.. changing screen sets helped, then it started to happen again. restarting my mac clears it up.

10.1 is buggy as hell. moderators is apple aware of all the difficulties people are having?

• 4 weeks later...

Giving this a bump to see if anyone else is experiencing this:

An instance with Kontakt, have several instruments loaded in, each on their own channel. When I play my controller, each instrument responds correctly to the channel it's on. When I play back a region with several different lines, each on their own channel, each instrument plays its corresponding midi data. BUT, when I grab a note in the midi region, it plays back the instrument on channel 1, regardless of what channel the note is assigned to.

Is this a bug or is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? I don;'t remember having this problem before. Thank you! HELP!! :)

• 1 month later...

Bumped once again for an update. I have the latest logic and OS X versions, and running into these midi problems: usually midway through a working session, the piano roll will stop showing the currently selected region. Restarting logic and possibly the Mac fixes the problem. Also, ow and then a note selected in the piano roll will seem to 'freeze', it won't play if selected. Clicking on other notes in other regions can sometimes make this go away.

A few other people I know are experiencing these issues. Are they known glitches/being looked into?

• 2 months later...
I am having the same issue. In the piano roll, I cannot select any region; the piano roll inspector header, beneath the instrument name, states "No Regions Selected" as i select region in the main window [highlighted]. It is occurring in third party plug-in tracks and Logic's instrument tracks.

Archived