Why don't copied regions appear in piano roll? [SOLVED]

trwalp

Am using 10.1.0 LPX.

After creating a simple 1 bar midi drum pattern I option-dragged it to make 3 copies. The 4 bars of midi notes appear in the track view but in the Piano Roll editor they're only visible in the original bar. I want to add a few notes to the 4th bar but without the other notes visible it's clumsy. Shouldn't all the notes appear in the piano roll?

1404308642_LPXPianoRollcopies.png.485c130749707757314cf6368d15ea6d.png

Thank you both for replying. Your answers led me to the solution. I closed the Piano Roll, selected the 4 regions in the track, then opened the Piano Roll using the Editors button (Scissors) and all four bars contained the formerly hidden notes. I guess the Piano Roll doesn't automatically show new regions created in a track.

338927919_fixedpianoroll.png.fde7d35d355670650af4e34794346888.png

Your answers led me to the solution. I closed the Piano Roll, selected the 4 regions in the track, then opened the Piano Roll using the Editors button (Scissors) and all four bars contained the formerly hidden notes.

There was no need to close the Piano Roll and reopen it. You just need to select what you want to see in the Piano Roll.

I guess the Piano Roll doesn't automatically show new regions created in a track.

It's not that, it's that you have "View > Selected Regions" selected in the Piano Roll, and you didn't select the 3 copies - so the Piano Roll didn't display them, as expected. As suggested earlier, you could have either selected the regions, or selected View > One Track in the Piano Roll.

Thank you for replying, David. I must be misunderstanding something because unless I first close the Editor, select the regions, THEN open the Editor, the midi notes remain visible only in the first bar -- not the copies. Please see this screen capture video:

Oh no you're not misunderstanding anything, you're just getting some very buggy behavior there. I've never seen this myself... how did you create those regions? If you can give steps to reproduce this bug then we can forward it to the development team. Can you reproduce this issue in a new empty project, starting from scratch?

In the editor I created the first bar consisting of 4 rim shots and a couple bass drum beats. I then Option-dragged that region to create 3 more. That's when I noticed that down in the Editor the copies had no visible notes. But when I hit Play the 4 bars played fine. You can see how I ended up getting the notes in bars 2 through 4 to appear. Nothing more than that! Please try it and see what you get.

Archived