Why won't Logic let me reverse this piece of audio? [SOLVED]

CowboyClyde

• 3 years later...

Hey all, I was running into this issue here in 2019, and found that these solutions posted, although helpful, did not help me sort out the exact issue i was having.

so, after audibly cursing the DAW, I dug around a bit and found an alternative solution:

system preferences>advanced>show advanced tools>check mark the audio option>done.

Since reversing an audio file is a destructive process, converting it into a new audio file (as others have suggested) is a safe way to keep the original audio file while rendering

a new "reversed" file for your use. However, if Destructive editing is not enabled, you will not be shown the "File" tab (between Track & Smart Tempo) when viewing the Audio Editor window. This is where I was having trouble..

Cheers!

Since reversing an audio file is a destructive process, converting it into a new audio file (as others have suggested) is a safe way to keep the original audio file while rendering

a new "reversed" file for your use. However, if Destructive editing is not enabled, you will not be shown the "File" tab (between Track & Smart Tempo) when viewing the Audio Editor window. This is where I was having trouble..

Since you listed the solution (enabling destructive editing), I'm not sure where the trouble lies??

PS: you can also reverse audio non-destructively with the "Reverse" checkbox in the region inspector.

• 10 months later...