LPX recording is not creating take folders [SOLVED]

1pauper1

I am trying to record an 8 bar section of vocals

I have the Cycle mode on in the eight bars were I want to record

software monitoring and low latency mode are also on.

I hit the record button and i get the count in and logic starts recording ..

but when it cycles back around after the 8 bar loop

instead of starting a new take it just records over the top of the original one..

it is not creating separate takes..

and when I stop , The recorded region is also being auto muted ... entire region is grey muted for some reason ..

and none of the other tracks are on solo or muted

what settings do I have wrong here...

If you are recording MIDI info - and let's face it, must of us do these days - then in the Song settings you need to enable Create Take Folders somwhere either under MIDI or the Recording tab.

Sorry I don't have Logic in front of me right now.

But since it is a song setting you have to fix this every time you start a new project, but to save time you can save your own customised your own settings.

I'm not sure, but I think if you right-click your Record button, this may be a shortcut to that preference.

thanks for your help Simon ...

but midi ? ..LOL ... what midi ?

i said i was recording eight bars of vocals ..

anyways i tried as you suggested , i right clicked on the record button and you are correct..

it has various options one of which takes me to recording settings

but no where in those settings is any type of option to enable or disable multiple takes.

that's my main problem .. i cannot find anywhere in the help manuals or Recording preference settings to enable or disable the multiple take function

this is my first recording effort since upgrading to LPX 10.1 perchance a bug in the update ?

this is also a new project ... so perhaps you're onto something with the settings for each project being different

I will heed your concern and go test an older project to see if it is functioning normally..

but there must be somewhere to adjust these settings.

could someone please tell me where these take options / settings are located.

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I ran into this problem myself, and with the info here in this thread, i thought my situation would be solved (with turning off the replace mode button), but i am still not getting take folders to start printing. I had this running just fine previously but now suddenly it's not working? I'm stumped...any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot2023-03-31at1_33_26PM.thumb.png.898a9b4f0a59bed02288189911a6629a.pngScreenshot2023-03-31at1_32_47PM.thumb.png.8e8b6fd0e0ca686922764f62e201f80a.pngScreenshot2023-03-31at1_32_30PM.png.880466bbeca3b7a5cab50015a8dbc702.png