Logic Vintage Organ B3 - Sustain Pedal [FIXED]

Sebmo

hi,

first, I know, a vintage organ is not supposed to be played with a sustain pedal. ok, but can I make it work to use a sustain pedal to sustain the notes, like a piano etc ? There is a sustain knob, but just for sustaining the notes (without a pedal) and I deselected the Speed Control by sustain Pedal. But unfortunately it is still not possible. Any way to make it work ? I am using the organ drawbars for creating ambient textures and it would be nice to have this options.

Regards,

Sebastian

If you want to use sustain pedal at the VB3 you have to do two things.

First you have to change the controller for rotor speed.

For this click on "Rotor Cabinet" and change the "Speed Midi Control" . I am using the ModWeel for this.

Second you have to change the "Keyboard Mode" you are using.

Standart is "Multi" and you have to change it into "Single".

You can find this Option by clicking on the "ViewOptions" on the right corner on top where you can choose the size of display. click on it and choose the "Control Option" than scroll down to area "general" . There you can find the "Keyboard Mode option" .

If you don't make the second step you'll have the problem that the volume gets quieter if you hold pedal while playing the same tone repeatedly.

I hope this would help you

greets

Second you have to change the "Keyboard Mode" you are using.

Standart is "Multi" and you have to change it into "Single".

You can find this Option by clicking on the "ViewOptions" on the right corner on top where you can choose the size of display. click on it and choose the "Control Option" than scroll down to area "general" . There you can find the "Keyboard Mode option" .

The button is also available through the main interface.

Click Split on the lower right corner to reveal the alternatives.

hi,

first, I know, a vintage organ is not supposed to be played with a sustain pedal. ok, but can I make it work to use a sustain pedal to sustain the notes, like a piano etc ? There is a sustain knob, but just for sustaining the notes (without a pedal) and I deselected the Speed Control by sustain Pedal. But unfortunately it is still not possible. Any way to make it work ? I am using the organ drawbars for creating ambient textures and it would be nice to have this options.

Regards,

Sebastian

There's clearly something strange going on.

It works fine while playing but only when releasing and pressing down the pedal and keys a second time when in record mode.

It behaves like you have to send it a wake up message first. This will also manifest itself on your recordings.

Moving this to the Bugs & Workarounds section.

Hi,

Attached to this post you'll find a project with an environment-based workaround.

It works fine as long as you don't play the same note(s) more than once while the sustain pedal is down. If you do that, the repeated note(s) will hang, and you'll have to step on the sustain pedal once again to kill it/them.

J.

Fake Sustain.logicx.zip

thanks guys for your replies.

Yes, I did exactly what Markus82 suggested, but no success. Yes and it does behave exactly like Eric said, you kind of have to press the sustain pedal twice when pressing notes. Thanks for pointing it out! But I only have to do it once and works normally (i can switch tracks etc) - so it looks like a bug but I can easily work like this.

@Jordi: Thanks for your Workaround "Fake Sustain", but I did not get it to work. but no worries, I do the other workaround.

Thanks. Looks like a bug, but now I can use it !

• 6 months later...