Saving midi scenes w/ each track with korg padkontrol

adam2007

Hey i just bought a korg padkontrol. I was just wondering if theres a way in logic to save the midi scenes to each track, which would contain the midi program data, for example: on pad 1: d#1

pad 2: e#1 ...etc etc..

Because if i program something then i move to the next track, change stuff. Its changed forever.

I would like it if when i clicked on the track it would save that information. So that its loadable and playable again each and everytime for every track.

Any way of doing this? whats the best way?

thanks

Isn't there a way to send a program change event to change scenes on the Korg?

I have one of these too. No, it cannot accept program changes, which was the subject of a rather terse correspondence I had with Korg. Pretty irresponsible actually, considering that it's a "performance" device.

It seems more and more controllers these days are missing basic MIDI functionality.

You can probably save the settings on your Mac as a sysex file. Record them with this:

http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

You might be able to play those sysex files back in a Logic midi track but it would be just as quick to play them independently with the SysEx Librarian.

I've tried this. No joy.

Does it accept anything else, any kind of message that can switch scenes? Or just sysex?

I'm looking into this. Their sysex implementation docs are extremely cryptic but there's a few people out there that have managed to decypher them. It would be best to do a "load scene data" string as it's apparently not much data and the pK only holds 16 presets anyway, which really isn't enough.

I've sent out some queries and I'll post back if I hear anything useful.