Group and Automation Question

tovinho

Hi!

My english is very bad, and I don't know if you're gonna understand what I'm trying to do, but here I go.

When i try to automate a group of suppose 4 vocal tracks (even with the automation box checked at the group properties window), the automation is only writen in the track I'm automating, and the others remain untouched. I know I can send the grouped tracks to a bus, and make the automations at the bus track, but the result are not the same. If you're using a post fade reverb for each one of the grouped tracks (using a bus for example) and you change the audio track level, you'll have this change present at the reverb too. If you automate the volume at the group's bus, you don't have this effect. You can change the vocal's level but it won't affect the reverb level. The solution would be send the bus return (the one the we're using to the vocal mix) back to the reverb bus, but we can't do it with LP.

So, is there a way to automate a group of tracks, or do we have to automate in one track and copy it to the other ones?

Thank you

You can input multiple automation on grouped track by using a live controller, but you can't edit it graphically on several tracks at a time, even if they're grouped.

The solution would be send the bus return (the one the we're using to the vocal mix) back to the reverb bus, but we can't do it with LP.

Use an Aux! Set its input to that bus number, and set that bus object's output to "no output".

Now the Aux is just like the Bus, except you can send it to another Bus.